“Amazingly happy” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Waukegan, Illinois
“Amazingly happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was at this hotel for 3 weeks, I do not go on vacation very offten and have never been in this area, a women named Doris (I believe was her name) was wonderful. She gave me directions and helped me out throught my stay. I was very confused when I got there and she was very sweet and helpful. The hotel is great and I will be staying there again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Polish first
Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This isa wonderful place to stay. Beautiful view,quiet and clean. My husband and I attended a wedding nearby, and Julio at the front desk was good enough to take our photo before we left the hotel. The front desk staff is terrific! We will gladly return in the future.

Room Tip: The room overlooking the water in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Couldn't find a place to stay in SF that didn't break my bank account and didn't want to pay for parking, so tried this place and was very happy I did. Celebrated my son's birthday and had a run planned in SF. Staff: very nice and accommodating. Drove us to the BART station about a mile away and told us to call them when we got back for a ride. BART ride was a mere 10 min to SF. No parking, no traffic, no hassles. The hotel itself: quiet, occasionally heard people walk in the hallway at night; had a room facing the parking lot, but was surprised at how quiet it was. ROOM: big, comfortable beds, so glad they didn't have icky bed spreads; clean & spacious bathroom. POOL & JACUZZI: I don't like swimming in cold water and this pool was very nice. Hot tub was almost too warm. It faces the estuary and there was a nice walkway for a stroll. Quiet and beautiful. Small harbor with a few boats. FOOD: breakfast in the AM was more than I expected! Waffles, hot and cold cereal, coffee, tea, toast, fruit, all included in the stay. RESTAURANT (Quinn's Lighthouse): take a short walk up the street and you'll find some old houses and a restaurant that is fun and good food, comfortable atmosphere & overlooking the harbor. Felt safe too. Not too many other things in this area. GPS'd a grocery store about 6 miles up the road. Yes, we'll stay here again.

Room Tip: stayed on parking lot side, but surprisingly quiet. For a treat, ask for a room pool side.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stay here recently on my trip to America. I stay in SF and I could not stay there as price was getting too expensive so we found this hotel. Great staff and service. The room was nice and very large compared to the room in SF. Price was half of what I paid in SF.

I had a well planned napa trip thanks to a young lad. Fedrick did a very good job in planning the day as we followed his whole day trip. Had a very nice lunch at v.Sattui. Even though the trip was far from napa, he knew the area which is always good.

Not much to do in Oakland however, but restaurants are ok.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for recommendations~!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Inglewood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stay at this hotel every time I come to the Bay Area. The staff is very friendly and accommodating! The shuttle service is superb and the drivers are always helpful as well as pleasant. I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Well situated hotel for trips into San Francisco. Lovely location overlooking the water. Great shuttle service to the Bart Station - just had to book your trip every day and then just ring when you're back at the station, the staff come to fetch you within minutes. Nice pool area, but the hot tub wasn't working which was a shame.
Excellent breakfust buffet, lots of choice, and coffee on offer all day. But I have to give a huge 'thank you' to Howie in the restaurant, who conjured up mouth-watering steaks on the bbq in the evenings! Honestly, I have never tasted steaks like them! They melted in your mouth! Don't miss them, if you have the opportunity to stay at this hotel. Even though there was no menu per se in the evenings, Howie cooked up a sensation for an amazingly reasonable price - $10 for a thick steak, salad and mashed potatoes - fab!
Would definitely recommend this hotel (but make sure you sample Howie's steaks.......)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tigard, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My daughter and I booked the hotel on recommendation of one of the colleges we were staying in. We were picked up promptly from the airport by their shuttle. The shuttle service alone made the room worth it. Doris is a gem! Always friendly and taking us smiling to BART, one of our colleges,etc. We felt like we were being "ferried" by a friend! She even said to let her know how my daughter does with colleges. Unfortunately she can't work 24/7 lol... The rest of shuttle staff were friendly, but Doris takes it to a new level. The rest of the staff were friendly and helpful as well. Room was clean and roomy, we were on the bay side and has a great view. We also had a neighbor I was a little concerned about as I went to our room and heard their music through the door, but in the room I heard nothing (they were next door not across the hall). The only issues we had were very minor. First off our toilet needed handle adjustment to refill on its own, the hot tub is more of a soaking tub as the jets were non-existent in power, and and housekeeping needs to be sure to check coffee pots when cleaning rooms for new tenant (ours was still half full of coffee), the pillows were a little hard for my taste also. My only major complaint was that at the end of one of our days, we contacted the hotel close to our BART station as we were two women (mother and daughter) traveling and didn't want to wait at night; we were told to call again when we arrived and then waited for 20 minutes for the shuttle in an area we were a little nervous about although the BART station is well lit. The breakfast was comparable to other hotels that do an extended continental breakfast. I appreciated that when they ask you to hang towels if you will use them again, they don't replace them anyway as other hotels do, they seem intent on being as eco-friendly as they can. Overall I would recommend the hotel but do request bay side as the other side is very close to the freeway. Also be sure to schedule shuttle trips (early) as they list on the website shuttle leaves every half hour, but don't say you need to schedule and can't get on one without pre-arrangement so you may find yourself limited

Room Tip: Rooms on bay are quieter with good view of Oakland inlet.
Green Features: The hotel asks you to reuse bed linens if you are comfortable and to hang towels if you want to reuse and actually leaves them for you to use again