“Easy stay and nice view” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1755 Embarcadero, Oakland, CA 94606   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 47 hotels in Oakland
Oakland, California
“Easy stay and nice view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

First found them on Hotels.com and have been back a second time since. Service is great - when checking in, the staff have been very responsive and have upgraded my room each time!! Comfortable, clean and quiet, and while not extravagant, the waterview room was a wonderful surprise. Very convenient to Jack London Square. Superb value all around!

Room Tip: The waterview rooms, second floor with balcony are really nice...overlooking a tree lined walking pa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

512 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Polish first
Riverside, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

In town for two days. We Usually stay with the children but this week was a problem. The inn was 11 minutes from them. Room really comfortable with king bed and microwave and refrigerator. We could control the temperature closely. We slept like logs. Bathtub and shower perfect and tiled floor good for drying off.
Continental breakfast has many choices and plenty of it. Like the big tv in the lobby and the. Tv in the room. The view from. Our room was of water which is pretty. The land side is an ugly view of the BART line.
Minor imperfections -- need alarm clocks, some tv channels are missing. If the kids have a full house again we will head right here

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Long Beach, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

VALUE: Its more money than other hotels offered at Priceline but its .worth it! Beautiful view!!!
AMENITIES: Very good amenities. Hot breakfast included. Very comfortable bed - its like the bed I have back home. Room includes microwave and ref too.
SHUTTLE SERVICE: Very good service. Her name is Doris and she's not only a perfect driver, she is also a perfect host/concierge/tour guide-- definitely an asset to Executive Inn & Suites.
STAFF: Perfect A++ in service-- cheerful, pleasant, accommodating even at the wee hours of the morning-- I'd definitely book this place again even if its not on priceline. Executive Inn is perfect but its the staff who's the "icing in the cake". Highly recommended

Room Tip: Water view!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was our first experience at the Executive Inn. Accomodations were great, the bed was comfortable, lovely waterview room. Great amenities free breakfast and shuttle to oakland attractions. I'll be back again with my husband. Wonderful staff (Miguel and his team). The van took us to jack london and bart station. Drivers are friendly and will pick you up on time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

For the money, this hotel was fine, but the main caveat is that its' location is dodgy and not really accessible to much without a car. There is a shuttle to the BART, but it can be a wait sometimes (which is fine at the hotel, but when you are standing next to the BART station in a neighborhood with lots of syringes on the ground, it's not so great). The breakfast was a nice touch (hot and fresh) and the rooms overlooking the water were pretty (comfortable beds and clean), but none of this changes the fact that you don't feel particularly safe once you leave the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DanielSalesManager, Manager at Executive Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
I am glad you had a great stay with us, but I am also sorry you felt unsafe in the surrounding areas, and that the location was dodgy.

We are located, right off of the freeway, and you are right, we don't have many restaurants or shops close to the hotel. That might be a reason why it feels more secluded and unsafe than it is. We certainly do not want you to feel unsafe, and I wish I could add some restaurants and shops right next to the hotel. However, we do make up for the lose in nearby venues, with our shuttle, and I am glad you were able to take advantage of it.

If there is anything I can do to make your next stay with us better, please do not hesitate to contact me personally at daniel.grimborn@executiveinnoakland.com. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back next time you are in town.
MORENO VALLEY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Too expensive for a water view room I did not get. Even though my room was on the top floor facing the water, it was mostly blocked by several huge, very mature trees. Not sure why I was given this room based on the fact that the hotel was less than half full and I was told very few rooms on the water side of the top floor were occupied. Turned out I needed to extend my stay for a few days but I did not want to pay this price to look at trees. I checked out and checked into a Comfort Inn that had just as nice a room, no view, less than half the price. Very disappointed as I have stayed here over the years and always enjoyed it, but I certainly wasn't treated like a valuable customer this time.

Room Tip: Be sure you do not get a 'waterview' room on the left side, behind the trees. Specifically a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
DanielSalesManager, Manager at Executive Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
I am so sorry to hear about your blocked view on the 3rd floor. We do have a couple of eucalyptus trees on the far left side of the property. We regularly trim them to make sure all of our water view rooms will have a pleasant view of the bay. I will look into the tree trimming schedule and see if we need to trim the trees more often.

As a loyal and returning guest of our hotel, I truly apologize if you were not treated like a valuable customer. Our guests are the most important part of our hotel and we should always strive to meet and exceed your expectations.

I hope you will give us a second chance, to prove to you why we keep receiving the highest reviews for our customer service. Please don't hesitate to contact me personally with any questions or concerns. You can reach me at daniel.grimborn@executiveinnoakland.com
Folsom, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

It was our first time to stay at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised of the courtesy and service of the staff. My husband and I arrived early but were offered to check-in early. Our three-day stay involved trips to downtown Oakland and we were offered a free shuttle. Doris was so accommodating, nice and friendly… she dropped us off and picked us up. And, of course this was service with a smile!

We loved our room. It was clean and spacious, and with a balcony overlooking the bay. Also, since there is a walkway behind the hotel which is by the bay, we even walked in the afternoon.

We enjoyed our stay. Someday if we ever come to the bay area, we will definitely stay at the Executive Inn and Suites again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Executive Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!