“Quiet, even on NYE!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sherman Oaks, CA
“Quiet, even on NYE!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed here as a family after Xmas and through New Year's. So quiet. Staff is super helpful. Take advantage of the restaurant list and shuttle to Alameda locations. Breakfast is adequate and the view is lovely. I've also stayed here by myself and felt very safe.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Polish first
Glendale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I booked it based on the tripadvisor reviews and honestly I am so glad I did! First impressions are poor, it's right off the freeway and looks a bit run down. However the lobby was clean and the staff were very friendly. I booked a suite, which is in the adjacent building, but within walking distance through the hotel. Now here is what impressed me, I travel for business, and this is why I liked this hotel. Free wifi, lots of in room sockets for your mobile devices, comfy bed, excellent bathroom.. I am female and I do like a good bathroom.. Nice products, I washed my hair with them and they were quite good quality. Lots of space in the room.. The gym is basic but has everything you need. As I stayed in the suites there is a separate concierge area, where the breakfast is fantastic. Yogurts, fruit, juice, coffee, toast... What moremdomyou need at 6 in the morning?
What actually made this for me was the fact that I met with a lot of people in the dining area while I stayed here. Parking was good for them, and I could plug my computer in, log on and stay there all day... Thanks... This will be my choice of hotel when in the Oakland area.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kihei, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is the place to stay when I fly in or out of Oakland. The service has always been great- helpful and friendly. We were upgraded to a suite - felt like a princess. In my travels often stay at places twice as expensive, but never this nice. The bathroom in the suite is the best I have ever seen in a hotel or suite. My daughter and grandson always look forward to joining - we love to walk along the boardwalk and visit Quinn's Lighthouse for a yummy dinner. They are looking forward to staying at Executive Inn before they fly out to visit me; they will take advantage of the ability to leave their car parked while they are away. Helpful shuttle to and from the airport. Go for the water view. Will definitely stay there when I have needs in the Bay area!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for the water view.
Daly City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was scrambling for a nice hotel to stay at in Oakland, and I ran across this hotel. I needed to book something fast, so I called in and talked with Fred. I told him my situation and my time constrains with checking in and out. He was very nice and courteous on the phone and was able to set me up with a beautiful suite. They have a excellent staff here, with customer satisfaction on their minds.

On the day of my check in, i received a really nice suite, pretty much superb. It was very big and accommodating. Everything was close to perfect, even had a small patio with a view of the water. It was really clean, very quite, and my suite just happened to be next to the fitness center, a great plus for me. Also, they have breakfast available in the mornings. Not a super great selection but enough to get me filled up in the morning and on my way to my activities.

This hotel is excellent, very clean, and with the friendly and helpful staff, this place definitely deserves great ratings.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Viborg, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Very friendly and helpfull staff.
Fine service to pick up and drop at BART station, to get to/from San Francisco. Give ring and someone will be there in a few minutes.
Very nice towards the water front, but a little disturbing toward landside with traffic, trains etc.
Good parking facilities. Well equiped rooms.
Nice breakfast, but no restaurant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed 7 nights and enjoyed our stay immensely. The rooms were clean, quiet, had a beautiful view of the Oakland Estuary and lots of ducks, and a full hot breakfast each morning. The location is right off of the Nimitz Freeway with easy access. Their free shuttle vans provide transportation to the airport and nearby shopping and restaurants. We look forward to staying there in the future.

Spokane Wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Would never have stayed here but, read the rave reviews on it and decided to take a chance! Everything people had written about this place was true. Very clean, great free brkfst, husband went NUTS over the bar..nice people there to chat with..and, unreal steak which the bartender cooked right outside on the patio overlooking the water...it was like being at a friends house..instead of a sterile, anomimous hotel. Nice little shop for snacks etc, and a Starbucks a block away we walked to!!!
We would definitely visit here again.usually stay at the Claremont, but it gets expensive..so nice to have another tried and true alternative where we feel safe!

Room Tip: Nice view from second floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us!
I am glad you appreciated our service and staff. We try to make you feel at home as much as possible.
The Starbucks and the other few stores, a block away, is very appreciated among our guests.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Been to Executive Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!