“A welcoming place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Newly Renovated Rooms!
Ranked #4 of 47 hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kihei, Hawaii
“A welcoming place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is the place to stay when I fly in or out of Oakland. The service has always been great- helpful and friendly. We were upgraded to a suite - felt like a princess. In my travels often stay at places twice as expensive, but never this nice. The bathroom in the suite is the best I have ever seen in a hotel or suite. My daughter and grandson always look forward to joining - we love to walk along the boardwalk and visit Quinn's Lighthouse for a yummy dinner. They are looking forward to staying at Executive Inn before they fly out to visit me; they will take advantage of the ability to leave their car parked while they are away. Helpful shuttle to and from the airport. Go for the water view. Will definitely stay there when I have needs in the Bay area!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for the water view.

513 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Polish first
Daly City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was scrambling for a nice hotel to stay at in Oakland, and I ran across this hotel. I needed to book something fast, so I called in and talked with Fred. I told him my situation and my time constrains with checking in and out. He was very nice and courteous on the phone and was able to set me up with a beautiful suite. They have a excellent staff here, with customer satisfaction on their minds.

On the day of my check in, i received a really nice suite, pretty much superb. It was very big and accommodating. Everything was close to perfect, even had a small patio with a view of the water. It was really clean, very quite, and my suite just happened to be next to the fitness center, a great plus for me. Also, they have breakfast available in the mornings. Not a super great selection but enough to get me filled up in the morning and on my way to my activities.

This hotel is excellent, very clean, and with the friendly and helpful staff, this place definitely deserves great ratings.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Viborg, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Very friendly and helpfull staff.
Fine service to pick up and drop at BART station, to get to/from San Francisco. Give ring and someone will be there in a few minutes.
Very nice towards the water front, but a little disturbing toward landside with traffic, trains etc.
Good parking facilities. Well equiped rooms.
Nice breakfast, but no restaurant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed 7 nights and enjoyed our stay immensely. The rooms were clean, quiet, had a beautiful view of the Oakland Estuary and lots of ducks, and a full hot breakfast each morning. The location is right off of the Nimitz Freeway with easy access. Their free shuttle vans provide transportation to the airport and nearby shopping and restaurants. We look forward to staying there in the future.

Spokane Wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Would never have stayed here but, read the rave reviews on it and decided to take a chance! Everything people had written about this place was true. Very clean, great free brkfst, husband went NUTS over the bar..nice people there to chat with..and, unreal steak which the bartender cooked right outside on the patio overlooking the water...it was like being at a friends house..instead of a sterile, anomimous hotel. Nice little shop for snacks etc, and a Starbucks a block away we walked to!!!
We would definitely visit here again.usually stay at the Claremont, but it gets expensive..so nice to have another tried and true alternative where we feel safe!

Room Tip: Nice view from second floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us!
I am glad you appreciated our service and staff. We try to make you feel at home as much as possible.
The Starbucks and the other few stores, a block away, is very appreciated among our guests.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed here a few night while in the bay area visiting from Hawaii...We flew into Oakland international turned on the GPS and were at the hotel in 10 minutes...we were
in a suite in the separate building north on the building with the hotel lobby...check in was a breeze, our room request was fulfilled (top floor), and room was fantastic.

Yea you definitely want to be on the ocean side so don't be a cheap charlie and go for a regular room or book with an online travel website or you might end up on the noisy freeway ghetto side rather than the ocean side.

Our suite had a separate tub and shower, great view, and quite. Wifi is strong. Breakfast we tried both locations in the main lobby and the next day our lobby downstairs...more than enough to get you started for the day.

Its just a short hop over the bridge to SF, free parking at the hotel..

Room Tip: spend a little extra for a suite on the ocean side
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Healdsburg, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have been staying at the Executive Inn since 1999. The EI only gets better every year. Trully a first class experience w/o the $700. per night price tag. Ritz-Carlton type service. Mark , the GM is an industry pro and understands all levels of providing a memorable overnight stay. Beautiful Bay views, afternoon wine bar and great breakfast. Tell your friends who visit Bay Area.

Room Tip: Top floor, Bay view to see the Bay lights. Dine at Quinn's Lighthouse near the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you so much for your continued support! I am glad you are returning to us and enjoying our hotel. Our goal is to have all of our guests share the same experience you do.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Been to Executive Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!