“The Banquet Staff and Hotel are amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 47 hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The Banquet Staff and Hotel are amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Michael,

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you one more time. This is the easiest group of people I have ever worked with. I know as an organization our goal is creating the best possible training environment possible. Working with you and the entire group of awesome people at Executive Inn made me feel like I had a team of people that were committed to that same goal. Everyone from the front desk, the housekeeping Staff, Michael and the banquet Staff, were amazing! THANK YOU!!

I also stayed in one of the suites and it was an excellent room. The next time I come I hope I get to spend a little more time in these luxurious rooms!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for recognizing some of our team members. I will make sure to deliver your message to Mike and the rest of the Banquet team. We take a lot of pride in our customer service and our team does an amazing job in accommodating our guests.

I am glad we could be of service and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

515 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Polish first
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Picked the Executive Inn and Suites based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. They did not disappoint. We had reserved a Junior King Suite on the "water" side. At check-in we were given a choice of floors which was nice as we prefer a ground level room. That way we can just wheel our stuff in from the parking lot without delay or elevator hassle.
The room was spotlessly clean and the bathroom was probably the most immaculate we have ever encountered. Not even a water spot on the glass shower wall.
The only negative aspect was the amount/type of lights. Like most places today, they are trying to conserve electricity which results in some dim corners.
Also, not a fan of the water closet. Don't care that it does have a phone. I'm never that desperate.
Added bonus was that the wife hasn't stopped raving about how nice it was. I got some attaboys for my choice.

Room Tip: Like most other reviews, I would recommend the water side away from the non-stop freeway din.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel because of the cleanness and great ocean views. They have a nice couch area on the second floor for the visitors to enjoy the ocean views. Will stay there again for our next trip to Oakland.

Room Tip: They charge $50 extra for a room with the ocean views. My suggestion is to get a regular room on th...
Alameda, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We booked a few rooms for a weekend so we could spend some time with friends. The location was great! The rooms are wonderful and seem so luxurious for the price! We really enjoyed the continental breakfast/ create your own waffle station. The staff there is AMAZING. Dolores was absolutely the best, she did anything and everything we asked. The company even shuttled us into Alameda when the taxi never showed. THANK YOU for a memorable weekend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Most other reviewers give this property very high marks, and I agree with them. But I would like to tell you what makes the Executive Inn special for me. We visit the Bay area twice a year and I have discovered how to cut my vacation costs way,way,way down. The Executive inn is located north of the Oakland airport and south of downtown Oakland. They offer free roundtrip shuttle service which in itself is a $60 savings in cab fare. Then they will gladly take you for free to the Oakland ferry terminal where you can take a beautiful 20 minute ride across San Francisco bay right into the heart of the city where you can hop on a trolley or bus to anywhere around town. No need to rent or park a car and no need to pay a lot more for a hotel room that's probably not as nice as Executive Inn. You can enjoy your day in San Francisco and be back in your room after dinner without ever getting behind the wheel, and save big bucks in one of America's most expensive cities in the process. Now that's a real deal!

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but the ones on the water side are quieter and offer a really pretty water view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Yuma, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My stay at the Executive Inn was a good value. The staff was always on top of things, prompt courteous. The shuttle service was outstanding. Special kudos to Doris.
Although standard fare, the breakfast was appreciated. The hotel is kind of away from the action, but the room is equipped with refrigerators to store evening snacks or refreshments.

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Executive Inn & Suites is probably the nicest motel conversion I've seen. The rooms are very comfortable and the bed was amazing. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful and the bartender not only serves great drinks, but cooks one of the best steaks (and deals) in Oakland! The location on the waterfront is almost resort like and is very convenient to downtown Oakland or the Bay Bridge and beyond. This property is not only the best deal in Oakland, but a great find for something a little different than your basic chain hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the water.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for the kind words and for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community.
I will let our bartender know that you appreciated his service and steaks.

I'm glad you found us to be very convenient to downtown Oakland and the Bay Bridge. Many of our guests stay with us instead of in San Francisco, due to the high prices in the city.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Been to Executive Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!