“The staff really hustles” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1755 Embarcadero, Oakland, CA 94606   |
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Yuma, Arizona, United States
“The staff really hustles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My stay at the Executive Inn was a good value. The staff was always on top of things, prompt courteous. The shuttle service was outstanding. Special kudos to Doris.
Although standard fare, the breakfast was appreciated. The hotel is kind of away from the action, but the room is equipped with refrigerators to store evening snacks or refreshments.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Executive Inn & Suites is probably the nicest motel conversion I've seen. The rooms are very comfortable and the bed was amazing. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful and the bartender not only serves great drinks, but cooks one of the best steaks (and deals) in Oakland! The location on the waterfront is almost resort like and is very convenient to downtown Oakland or the Bay Bridge and beyond. This property is not only the best deal in Oakland, but a great find for something a little different than your basic chain hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the water.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for the kind words and for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community.
I will let our bartender know that you appreciated his service and steaks.

I'm glad you found us to be very convenient to downtown Oakland and the Bay Bridge. Many of our guests stay with us instead of in San Francisco, due to the high prices in the city.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We booked this hotel as it was within easy reach of the Raiders stadium. Staff were friendly on arrival and helpful in terms of getting a taxi to take us to the game. We only stayed one night as the Raiders game was the reason for being in the area. The hotel is in a lovely location with great views over the estuary, it's right on the waters edge. The room was spotless, had a great balcony overlooking the water and was spacious and well equipped. It definitely had the biggest safe I'd seen. Breakfast was excellent with a great choice and not too hectic. The hotel is a little too out of the way to walk to other locations but the hotel does provide a shuttle bus which makes getting to and from Oakland much easier. Would definitely consider the hotel in the future, particulalry as an option when visiting San Francisco as it was excellent value for money and a little oasis away from the business of other hotels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelowna, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Can't say enough about the wonderful experience we had at this hotel. From the first shuttle from the airport, the trips to and from the BART station, ferry terminal and shopping, and our final trip back to the airport, the drivers and dispatchers were always top notch. The hotel is in a beautiful setting overlooking the estuary. Quiet, peaceful and a great view to wake up to. Breakfast was always delicious and plenty of tables available. Pool and hot tub were clean and at comfortable temperatures. We spent most days in San Francisco participating in every tourist trap offered and never once regretted staying in Oakland. Also saved a lot of money by not having to rent a car (or pay for parking) for the week. Kudos to all the staff at the Executive Inn - especially Rose, Doris, Frederick and Roberto.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

My experience was amazing from the start. I reserved a room with the Front Office Manager Jay, he was informative, knowledgable, and charming with a great sense of humor. I reserved a suite with a waterview, and I requested to be on high floor, I requested an early check in, and every request that I made was honored, and the most impressive part was that Jay recognized my voice and recalled speaking with me when I contacted the hotel to see if I would be able check in early.

Upon my arrival Jay was at the front desk, and he greeted me with a wonderful smile, and filled us in on all the hotel amenities, provided a map of Oakland and offered great recommendations for dinner upon request. Ozumo's was amazing!!!

The next morning, we took the shuttle to BART, while we waited we chatted with Jay once again, and we also met Jessika with a "K". That's how she playfully explained her name. She was as charming and as attractive as Jay, and I would like to remain anonymous because I kind of had a crush on both of them, and I'd like to take them both out for a drink.

If this hotel isn't a five star resort! Let me tell you, with professional, sexy employees like Jay & Jessika it should be! I travel all over the world and I was über impressed by the level of service of all the amazing individuals working at the Reception Desk. As a matter a fact, this set the tone and character of the Bay Area for us. We loved Northern California.

Our experience was "AMAZING", and it was too bad that we were only staying for the one night. If we are ever San Franciso again, we know where to stay next time. Thank you Jay & Jessika!

-Anonymous

• Stayed November 2012
South African in Dulwich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you don't want to pay a fortune for a room that you are only want put your tired head down in after a day of sight seeing in San Francisco, then this is for you.Clean, quiet and safe, beautiful view from the room over the estuary. The shuttle service from the hotel to the ferry and nearest Bart station was constant, complimented by very cheerful and pleasant staff members driving the shuttles. Breakfast was plentiful, you aren't paying a price where you would expect the breakfast to be served with polished silver and crisp starched napkins.....! There weren't any bed bugs and wherever we looked there were people cleaning and sweeping and washing windows, the bed linen was crisp and fresh. We were very satisfied with our choice and would stay there again rather than in the centre of San Fransisco where there are bed bugs, dirt and dangerous people on the streets at night unless you pay twice the price we paid at Oaklands.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the estuary - we were upgraded without paying extra.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
turgtusteynam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Have you ever stayed at one of those place where you had to tell yourself all week "right, I'm here because the price was reasonable". Yeah, that's what this place is. It's "Okay", but not wonderful. Continental breakfast was painful. Paper cups. Paper plates. Paper food. I worried that bedbugs were lurking every minute, but didn't see such a thing...just worried about it...because it just makes you think that way. The staff was very nice. I mean...they really were. But I spend a lot more time in the room than I do dealing with the staff. Not horrible. Not wonderful. Convenient to where I had to work and in an area where I wasn't worried about being murdered in my sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you Keith for taking the time to share your experience. I'm sorry we did not live up to your expectations.

It surprised me that you didn't enjoy our breakfast. We usually receive great reviews about the complimentary breakfast, and it is one of our most appreciated amenities.

We take a lot of pride in our cleanliness and our housekeepers do a great job in keeping the rooms clean. It is one of our main priorities, and I am a bit confused as to why our rooms would have you worried about bedbugs. I truly value your experience and I thank you for bringing up and sharing your thoughts with us. If you were worried about bedbugs, maybe another guest might have had the same thoughts. I take it very seriously and want to make sure that no one else feels the same way about our rooms.

Thank you for acknowledging our staff. They do a wonderful job.
I hope you will give us a second chance and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.