“Great Location for a Raiders Game” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great Location for a Raiders Game”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We booked this hotel as it was within easy reach of the Raiders stadium. Staff were friendly on arrival and helpful in terms of getting a taxi to take us to the game. We only stayed one night as the Raiders game was the reason for being in the area. The hotel is in a lovely location with great views over the estuary, it's right on the waters edge. The room was spotless, had a great balcony overlooking the water and was spacious and well equipped. It definitely had the biggest safe I'd seen. Breakfast was excellent with a great choice and not too hectic. The hotel is a little too out of the way to walk to other locations but the hotel does provide a shuttle bus which makes getting to and from Oakland much easier. Would definitely consider the hotel in the future, particulalry as an option when visiting San Francisco as it was excellent value for money and a little oasis away from the business of other hotels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Polish first
Kelowna, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Can't say enough about the wonderful experience we had at this hotel. From the first shuttle from the airport, the trips to and from the BART station, ferry terminal and shopping, and our final trip back to the airport, the drivers and dispatchers were always top notch. The hotel is in a beautiful setting overlooking the estuary. Quiet, peaceful and a great view to wake up to. Breakfast was always delicious and plenty of tables available. Pool and hot tub were clean and at comfortable temperatures. We spent most days in San Francisco participating in every tourist trap offered and never once regretted staying in Oakland. Also saved a lot of money by not having to rent a car (or pay for parking) for the week. Kudos to all the staff at the Executive Inn - especially Rose, Doris, Frederick and Roberto.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

My experience was amazing from the start. I reserved a room with the Front Office Manager Jay, he was informative, knowledgable, and charming with a great sense of humor. I reserved a suite with a waterview, and I requested to be on high floor, I requested an early check in, and every request that I made was honored, and the most impressive part was that Jay recognized my voice and recalled speaking with me when I contacted the hotel to see if I would be able check in early.

Upon my arrival Jay was at the front desk, and he greeted me with a wonderful smile, and filled us in on all the hotel amenities, provided a map of Oakland and offered great recommendations for dinner upon request. Ozumo's was amazing!!!

The next morning, we took the shuttle to BART, while we waited we chatted with Jay once again, and we also met Jessika with a "K". That's how she playfully explained her name. She was as charming and as attractive as Jay, and I would like to remain anonymous because I kind of had a crush on both of them, and I'd like to take them both out for a drink.

If this hotel isn't a five star resort! Let me tell you, with professional, sexy employees like Jay & Jessika it should be! I travel all over the world and I was über impressed by the level of service of all the amazing individuals working at the Reception Desk. As a matter a fact, this set the tone and character of the Bay Area for us. We loved Northern California.

Our experience was "AMAZING", and it was too bad that we were only staying for the one night. If we are ever San Franciso again, we know where to stay next time. Thank you Jay & Jessika!

-Anonymous

• Stayed November 2012
South African in Dulwich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you don't want to pay a fortune for a room that you are only want put your tired head down in after a day of sight seeing in San Francisco, then this is for you.Clean, quiet and safe, beautiful view from the room over the estuary. The shuttle service from the hotel to the ferry and nearest Bart station was constant, complimented by very cheerful and pleasant staff members driving the shuttles. Breakfast was plentiful, you aren't paying a price where you would expect the breakfast to be served with polished silver and crisp starched napkins.....! There weren't any bed bugs and wherever we looked there were people cleaning and sweeping and washing windows, the bed linen was crisp and fresh. We were very satisfied with our choice and would stay there again rather than in the centre of San Fransisco where there are bed bugs, dirt and dangerous people on the streets at night unless you pay twice the price we paid at Oaklands.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the estuary - we were upgraded without paying extra.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
turgtusteynam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Have you ever stayed at one of those place where you had to tell yourself all week "right, I'm here because the price was reasonable". Yeah, that's what this place is. It's "Okay", but not wonderful. Continental breakfast was painful. Paper cups. Paper plates. Paper food. I worried that bedbugs were lurking every minute, but didn't see such a thing...just worried about it...because it just makes you think that way. The staff was very nice. I mean...they really were. But I spend a lot more time in the room than I do dealing with the staff. Not horrible. Not wonderful. Convenient to where I had to work and in an area where I wasn't worried about being murdered in my sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you Keith for taking the time to share your experience. I'm sorry we did not live up to your expectations.

It surprised me that you didn't enjoy our breakfast. We usually receive great reviews about the complimentary breakfast, and it is one of our most appreciated amenities.

We take a lot of pride in our cleanliness and our housekeepers do a great job in keeping the rooms clean. It is one of our main priorities, and I am a bit confused as to why our rooms would have you worried about bedbugs. I truly value your experience and I thank you for bringing up and sharing your thoughts with us. If you were worried about bedbugs, maybe another guest might have had the same thoughts. I take it very seriously and want to make sure that no one else feels the same way about our rooms.

Thank you for acknowledging our staff. They do a wonderful job.
I hope you will give us a second chance and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

What a wonderful stay. Hotel is spotless and well maintained but what made it great was the people, Frederick, Doris, and Howie make you feel as if you are home. I definately recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. Absolutely wonderful.

• Stayed October 2012
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I've never written a review for any hotel on this site or another but feel it may be helpful to share my experience. I rated this hotel Excellent because it has exceeded our expectations for a hotel in this location/price range on nearly every front.

My partner and I have been "between" homes for almost 3 weeks while we wait for renovations to be completed on our new house in Oakland. We found Executive Inn online and thought it was a great option for us because of the easy access to our new home, Jack London Square, downtown and freeway. We have been pleased during our entire stay here with the friendly, courteous and helpful staff that run this hotel - from top to bottom - without exception.

A couple of notable mentions here: our primary housekeeper, Ana, has been WONDERFUL. She is kind, thoughtful, courteous, hardworking and efficient. The head of house keeping, Lourdes, has also been super! She helped us resolve a few issues and every time responded to our requests promptly and with a smile.

One of the managers, Jay, addressed our concerns about noisy neighbors with the level of professionalism that I would have expected from a larger, more expensive hotel.

We have a fairly large King-suite in the "Executive" building that is comfortable and has a lovely view of the water. Despite the fact that the hotel is located next to a major interstate we find it to be quiet and pleasant with a tranquil water view (not sure if you had a room facing the other direction). I also understand the main part of the hotel has not updated all of the room furnishings/decor.

There is a great path along the water and although there aren't a lot of walkable restaurants, etc. the hotel will apparently provide shuttle service if requested.

In conclusion, dollar for dollar this hotel provides a great value for any travelers (business, couples, families, etc.). It's a little off the beaten path but a great place to stay.

Room Tip: be sure to get a room facing the water - if optional, stay in the new "executive" building
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Executive Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!