“Convenient to airport. Nice rooms. Helpful staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel Oakland International Airport

You added Red Lion Hotel Oakland International Airport to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel Oakland International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Hegenberger Rd, Oakland, CA 94621 (Formerly Park Plaza Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
California
“Convenient to airport. Nice rooms. Helpful staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

No complaints here. My whole group liked the rooms. Parking was free.
Check-in was painless, and the clerk was very helpful.
The rooms looked like they were recently refurbished.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We booked off discount site, for a place to sleep before a very early flight. traveling with 2 little ones I was unsure the hotel would be nice to us, looked like a place older couples would stay at. But they put us in the west wing of the hotel away from others, and the boys played without complaint. Bed was super comfy and the shower was hot. we ate at the Bistro, it was expensive but good, but the single waitress was SLOW, she needed help with just 5 tables of 2. shuttle was prompt and strict on the time table. very nice stay and quiet for being next to airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mendota, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Arriving at the hotel the front desk clerk said the computers were down. We waited over a hour to get checked into our room. The shuttle took a hour and a half to pick us up at the Bart. Fish and F.F. were fish sticks. When we checked out they had charges on our bill that we didn't make. Cold showers. We told the person working at the front desk about our concerns and I even called after a few days and still haven't heard anything from the general manager. I was told Brian would be contacting me.

Room Tip: Find a better hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Weymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We spent one night at the Red Lion prior to an early flight. The hotel is close to the airport and does provide shuttle service to/from the airport beginning at 4:00 AM. We did eat lunch at the lounge and the food was very good. Our room was clean and the beds comfortable with nice linens. The staff was friendly and helpful. Once in the hotel, we didn't venture out. We felt secure in the hotel but Oakland is not the kind of city I would want to walk around in .

Room Tip: Our room was on the 5th floor. There are 2 elevators.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Beware - do not leave your car here. Car's are broken into every night - I almost think it is employees that know that you are parking your car and leaving town. I had a confirmed reservation in writing from my travel agent ( Unfortunately I asked her to book this - and she warned me ) and when I checked in - they could not find my confirmation - but found me a room at a higher rate. After my trip - I was double billed - and told that I didn't show up for my travel agent's reservation that they could not find - and I didn't cancel it - so they charged me for that. I am fighting with my credit card company now - trying to deny the charge. To top it all off - the rooms were dirty, the staff rude. If you stay here after reading any of these reviews - you are crazy. Not worth it to save a buck. It will cost you more in the long run.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Los ángeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

first of all , there is no security at all . Insufficient lightning, no Security Guard, no Cameras...
its a very dangerous neighborhood , so its irresponsible and grossly negligent form the management to taking more care of their Customers. We parked our car in front of the Hotel to check in , and when we came back after a few minutes the car was broken in ( window was smashed ) and all our stuff was taken .Creditcards, computer, purse....etc.
Police showed up after hours...it was a horrible experience, and it seems that this happens all the time there. So stay away from this place and go somewhere else....we learnt it the hard way..
Happens in September !!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

we had a very late arrival to this location. I received my room key without a problem, however my 3 traveling companions had a horrible time with Marlow, the night desk person, obtaining their rooms. All the other staff members were very polite and helpful. This hotel has a very nice Bristol within their building. with very good food and reasonable cost. Room and all facilities were very clean. This location is on hotel row and next year will have access to the BART extensions planned to Oakland airport.

• Stayed September 2012