“My wife was happy, which makes me happy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel Oakland International Airport

You added Red Lion Hotel Oakland International Airport to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel Oakland International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Hegenberger Rd, Oakland, CA 94621 (Formerly Park Plaza Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
30% off & Free Breakfast
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
Graham, Washington
“My wife was happy, which makes me happy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

My wife and I stay at Red Lion hotels when we travel with our pet (hey have a card for pet owners), so when this hotel was recently re-badged, it was one of our first choices.

First, we only stayed a few hours due to a lay-over/connection on our trip from LIH-OAK-SEA. We arrived at about 10:30pm, and the airport shuttle was prompt. The shuttle equipment is an older van that has seen better days, but it did it's job.

When we arrived at the hotel we learned that the hotel phones had been inoperative for most of the evening and had just started working about 20 minutes prior to our arrival.

Check-in was fast and uneventful, we were given a room with a King-size bed as had been reserved.

The room was clean and fairly up-to-date with LCD television and WIFI. We were able to get some sleep for an early morning departure.

Check out was swift and the shuttle to the airport was not a hassle.

The only criticisms are-
Limited choices for restaurants or food. Reeeaaallllyyy limited.
There was no compact refrigerator or microwave as I have had at other Red Lion hotels.

Overall - given the proximity to the airport, the nice clean room, I believe this hotel is a value considering the other choices in the neighborhood.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scottiam

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

This is one of the absolute worst hotels that I have stayed in in a VERY long time!

The customer service is horrible! The rooms are extremely outdated, there are stains all over the carpet, the paint is peeling and it feels like a Days Inn - springy bed and all.

It is definitely, without question, a 1/2 star quality at a 3 star price! I really question how this hotel ever qualified as a 3 star hotel. Don't waste your time or your money.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Oakland hotels

Bakersfield, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We got a great deal on a room here ($45) thorugh Priceline. Since we only needed the room for sleeping one night, we were pleased with the comfort of the bed and found the food from the restaurant to be tasty. The hotel had an older feel to it, but was kept clean. We didn't do much else but eat, sleep, and watch tv but felt the room was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed watching the planes come in from afar, but other than that, the location was not great and our room had a pratty nasty view of the parking lot and an industrial area of the city. The staff seemed nice but we didin't really have much interaction. Nevertheless, we had a good meal and we got some good rest. We would definitley come back if we could get it for the same rate in the future. Nothing spectacular, but nothing to complain about either.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Reviews on the Red Lion Oakland are not that great. But most of them are so wrong! We are staying here and the hotel is perfect. Especially taken into account we have only paid $45 through priceline. The rooms are really fantastic; spacious, well decorated in a contemporary theme. Room (and bathroom!) are spotlessly clean; very important. Lobby is fine, pool is fine and staff is very helpful indeed. Do not hesitate and book! It is a perfect vantage point for exploring San Francisco, Berkeley and the Bay area.

Verwijderen | Beantwoorden | Doorsturen | Omleiden | Thread bekijken | Berichtsource | Opslaan als | Afdrukken

Room Tip: Try bidding on priceline!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Louisville, KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Booked this through priceline and it was the only time price line let us down on our month long vacation out west. The lobby was nice, but the rooms felt dirty and old. The mattress was old. We used our own blankets and took the comforter off it was so thin and worn feeling. The first night it smelled like cigarettes in the hallway and weed in our room from it coming through the vents. I've stayed at 2 stars nicer than this. The second night was better. The parking is free and it's very close to the BART.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Redlands, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I stayed at the Red Lion Oakland Airport on 05/24-5/26. Now, I have stayed at the Red Lion Seattle a few years back and was excited about my up coming stay.

My hotel stay began as such :

Shuttle from Airport to Hotel - I called and was told the shuttle will pick me up in 15 min. I waited 30 minutes and no shuttle. I called back and was told it would be another 15. 1 Hour later I was finally picked up.

Room- I checked in and was given a room that smelled like smoke and faced a loud highway. I asked for a different room and was accommodated. The room was old looking, and the bed was hard with cheap looking linens. Oh, you only get 2 pillows.

Hotel- It said on the website - Heated pool and Men and Women Sauna. I called down and was told- no Sauna. I looked and the pool was closed.

Shuttle back - in the 4 times I used it to go back and forth, it was a hit or miss with wait times.

As a frequent traveler, I have had the opportunity of staying at many hotels. Marriott products- never fail. Hilton products - such as the Fairfield Inn , are great. The one in OAK airport was extremely nice, as was the Holiday Inn Oakland Airport.

I would rate this hotel 1.5 stars.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
      Rooms
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

Worse than Motel 6 and more costly. Thought I got a deal at decent hotel based on web stars. Got burned instead.

• Stayed February 2011