The location is great - it's close to Jack London Square and lots of good and fun restaurants. The staff were all really pleasant and helpful, and the price was fair.
The beds are remarkably comfortable — we had a room facing the courtyard for four nights and found it to be reasonably quiet — I actually slept really well. For me, The noise issue was due to the relatively thin doors and windows, which allowed in the sound of conversations from the folks who would occasionally hang out in the courtyard, which seems a pleasant place to hang out, so I don't fault them for doing so. I'll confess to liking the sound of trains, so that didn't bother me. The primary issue lies with the choice of building materials with somewhat poor sound-insulating qualities, but such are the trade-offs for choosing a price-conscious hotel.
I'll stay there again the next time I'm in Oakland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- He Inn at Jack London Square is a year-round retreat from the conventional routines of every day life. Located in downtown Oaklands historic Jack London Square, and not far from the San Francisco bay, this Oakland hotel offers 100 contemporary rooms offering privacy in a tranquil setting surrounding a beautifully landscaped courtyard. We invite you to visit and become acquainted with the quietly refined pleasures that make the Inn at Jack London Square one of the finest hotels in Oakland California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Inn at Jack London Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Jack London Square Hotel Oakland
- Hotel At Jack London Square