This is an older hotel, probably built in the 1930s or 40s. As such, it's got a lot of quirks - poor sound insulation, small bathrooms with old plumbing, and one old elevator. It was a good value for the money, but it is definitely not an upscale property.
On the upside, the property is always kept in immaculate condition - I saw staff sweeping and cleaning at all hours of the day. It's also in an ideal location for car travelers, with quick access to San Francisco, Berkeley, and east bay communities. there is also a great collection of restaurants within a couple blocks.
On the down side, the area seemed sketchy at times - I was frequently hit up by panhandlers at all hours of the day or night. also during my stay, the hotel always seemed to have a large number of 20-something guests that were using the place as a place to party at night, and it occasionally got noisy.
This is a good, basic hotel if you're looking for a economical place to stay in the Bay Area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- He Inn at Jack London Square is a year-round retreat from the conventional routines of every day life. Located in downtown Oaklands historic Jack London Square, and not far from the San Francisco bay, this Oakland hotel offers 100 contemporary rooms offering privacy in a tranquil setting surrounding a beautifully landscaped courtyard. We invite you to visit and become acquainted with the quietly refined pleasures that make the Inn at Jack London Square one of the finest hotels in Oakland California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your The Inn at Jack London Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Jack London Square Hotel Oakland
- Hotel At Jack London Square