“Okay I guess” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 47 hotels in Oakland
Dallas, TX
“Okay I guess”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

It is an okay motel, but not what I look for when I stay out of town. I was sort of excited in thinking that I would be staying at a boutique hotel and was really looking forward to it. However, I only stayed one night before moving to a different hotel. It is an older motel but the rooms are clean. Reminded me of the Travel Lodges that use to be popular when I was younger. I did not care for the fact of a window right on the walkway and the noise from people walking by. The door on my lock was broken and there was a gap between the bottom of the door and the floor, which meant little critters could come in if they wanted. The motel is located in an area that leaves something to be desired, but the Buttercup grill next door is a great place to grab a bite to eat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Czech first
SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Came in late on the Amtrak Coast Starlight and we were going to SFO in the morning to rent a car. It was only several blocks from the station to the hotel so we walked. I was with my husband so it was ok, but we went through a couple of sketchy blocks to get to the hotel!

Check in was fine, rate was very good (prepaid through Hotels.com) and the room was very, very clean. It was what I expected from a 2-3 star place. A comfortable place to spend the night.

The room had a doorway into the inside hallway as well as the pool. The pool looked nice and clean and so did the rest of the area. We did not use anything but the bed!

As an earlier poster said, they were friendly, but they really did not go out of their way.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Torrance, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Actually never stayed here. Tried to check in this afternoon the lady at the front desk said $60.00 per night, I said fine! She took my card swiped it & said: Do you have a car? I said yes, she said well Sir thats a $12.00 charge for parking. I answered No thanks I will go elsewhere, she gave my card back & I walked away. Later in the evening I checked my bank account & noticed that she charged me $209.00!!
I called her & she said the extra charge was for Incidentals, what is Incidentals? Never heard of that. I asked her why she had not called the bank to release the charge, she answered "I cannot do that" My manager does that. I really advise against patronizing this place. The receptionist has a pretty bad attitude & takes delight in being rude. She thinks that she is the customer! I come to this area often & like to go to Regal Cinemas, & eat at Il Pescatore restaurant, but I will never come here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento,Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I was taking a short vacation,taking amtrak and using the ferry system to go to AT&T park,just needed a park to crash and put my stuff.The room was nice and clean and the staff was friendly,not out of their way over the top friendly and helpful,but I enjoyed my stay.There is noise in that area because of amtrak and there are night spots around the place on weekends,but I slept fine and that is what I was looking for.Believe you can spend a lot more money elsewhere.Area is a little iffy at night,but hey it's a big city and that's just the way it is.I felt safe though.Nice places to eat around the Inn,Nations Burgers is good and Buttercup Grill and Hahn's Hibachi and Yoshi's is good too. I did not have a car,I believe it's twelve dollars for the car each day. Near the water,the ferry,easy access to The City,and a small but fun Farmer's Market on Sunday morning too.All in all I will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I booked a King with city view, looked on my confirmation receipt and it showed I had selected "Double bed Only." So I called the hotel trying to change it, the girl whom answered couldn't help me. She said "call back for Rachel, she's the only one who can help you with that issue." She had hung up on me even before I was able to obtain her name. I called later, "Rachel" had already left, so "Paul", the man who answered the phone helped change that. The next day I checked in with my receipt specifically stating "free parking included." What do you know, "Paul" said "no, we USED to do free parking but that just went into affect, this month." Whatever, 12.00 wasn't going to kill me. We went upstairs, to find our room, (hard as heck to find) and was bumped into 4 drenched wet adult women running from the pool to the 3rd floor. Room was small, clean but super LOUD! You could hear the cars driving through the street. "City View?" we had 3 large trees blocking our entire view. :( we went out to the A's game, asked for a late check out at 10AM, we were declined. WOW!!!!! This place is rude. I'll never go back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Near the Waterfront with nice restaurants. Location is a bit shady. No onsite restaurant but a cafe located right next to the hotel serves an awesome breakfast and launch. Free covered parking. The bedroom was a bit dated but in a retro way. The bathroom needed a total remodel. BE aware of the nearby train tracks.... Amtrak and freight trains blowing their horns at all ours of the night. Great place to stay with a reasonable price if you're just looking for a place to lay your head and clean up while youre out seeing the sights.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Inn at Jack London Square? Share your experiences!