“Nice place to park the family” 4 of 5 stars

The Inn at Jack London Square
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   233 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607   |
Ranked #12 of 48 hotels in Oakland
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice place to park the family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

While at a wedding nearby I needed a place for all of our adult kids and a few close friends, and Ii was paying, so I wanted it both nice and affordable. This hotel was perfect. They even had a pool and a good place to eat next door that did room service. It was walking distance of our venue and the staff was most helpful in both booking and suggesting things. Our family had so much fun at this vintage CA motel style place with the easy garage and, with, easy on and off bus to get around Oakland, and access to JL Square and with the ferry, to San Fran. This was perfect for us!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Czech first
Northridge, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

My husband & I stayed at this hotel many times a few years ago when it was part of a chain, and we often had issues. Now, however, it has been renovated and is greatly improved. Since we were driving, it was a "plus" that they offer free parking. Also, the adjacent restaurant/coffee shop is outstanding (always has been.) This "new & improved" Inn At The Square offered a very clean & comfortable room. When we stayed here years ago, the noise from the nearby trains were sometimes annoying, but this time we were not disturbed at all. The staff was courteous and had honored my request of booking a room that had a tub (some rooms do not). Our room was ready upon our arrival and we had one with a tub. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you need a tub, be sure to request it.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reno, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

This was the perfect location for attending an event at Jack London Square, very convenient. My room was large, comfortable and I had a microwave, coffee maker and a refrigerator. Ok the hotel is older, so there were a few cracked tiles in the shower, but it was not dirty. There were two sinks (one outside the toliet room), which was great. In new hotels the door closes fast, hard, and LOUD. Here you have to close your own door - which means no loud slamming doors all morning. It was quiet and I loved this. I will definately stay here again. It's not elegant, it is clean quiet & convenient - I parked my car and walked everywhere I needed to go for the weekend. Yes, you'll hear minor distant train sounds, which I considered cool. I only ate breakfast on property and it was inexpensive, with good sized portions, and a good, fair price.

My favorite dinner restaurant is also across the street: Everett & Jones serving southern style Bar-B-Q, totally terrific.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard rm (shileded frm st noise)
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

LOVED MY STAY HERE!!! After a nightmare ordeal with the jack london Inn - do not make that mistake! We switched our hotels to here at the last minute. The woman at the front desk was WONDERFUL! When I asked her if the rooms were clean, she knew we had just came from jack london inn across the street. The price $95/night was a great value! the rooms were fantastic, clean soft sheets, fresh towels daily, wifi, nice flatscreen TV. It was a very pleasant experience would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
SeaFarer
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

Have stayed several times only because of price and location is excellent. city offers free bus service to my doctors office and BART. Often no towels and there is NO HEAT in this bldg most of the time. They do have a long term special that cant be beat.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

Although the room was adequate, the train noise makes it impossible to sleep. The bed was very comfortable, he staff very friendly and accommodating, I was not able to sleep for more than two-three hours each night (I stayed three nights). Not only were the trains running constantly, but the blowing of train whistles was endless. If I had an alternative, I would have moved to a different location.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Modesto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

We were in town for wedding . have been to this area before and love the buttercup resturant next door.. the carpets were new and clean , room was a nice , a bit stuffy but window opened onto pool area . bed really ince , have back trouble and woke up feeling good. bathroom was clean , tub . ok a few chips of paint chipped , but for the $$ you get a great location , rest. nearby , parking on site, staff helpful. wifi , in room coffee,clean doubled sheets and really soft comy pillows ....WE WILL BE BACK SOON .. SUNDAY THERES A FARMERS MARKET ..

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at Jack London Square? Share your experiences!