“A Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
Little River, California
“A Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Without much expectations we booked this hotel about 3 weeks in advance trying to find a reasonable place to stay in Oakland. We booked directly thru the hotels website. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised with the rooms and staff. The rooms were well appointed interior décor and the staff were very friendly while check-in process. Good choice in East Bay.

Room Tip: Some rooms have flat screen. Ask for those rooms. I guess they are some king beds
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Urbandale, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Over the last 1 year we've been to this motel more times than I can literally count We love this place. We spend time in Oakland several times a year for Oakland A's and Raiders games, shows at the coliseum or simply to catch a BART to go to SF. The hotel itself is quite simple, clean, well-taken care of, and we really like the down to earth staff who are very friendly. The staff is exceptional! We always seem to have good, lively interactions with front desk. Whenever we have any issues with the room, or need early checkin or extra pillows, they are always there to help with a smile on their face. We will continue to book our next stay at Bay Breeze Inn and strongly recommend this joint

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Johnston, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We booked this hotel since it was walking distance to Oakland Coliseum. We went to A’s game and it was apparently less than 1 mile walking distance (thru the back road – coliseum way) to the stadium. This way we got free parking and saved $20. The hotel itself is nice with welcoming staff and crew. Remodeled room, new carpet, furniture, got free upgrade to king bed with flat screen TV. What else can I ask for?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Here we go, the truth on the Bay Breezy. It's not nasty or dirty, in fact it was very clean and well kept. Clean bed, clean carpet, clean towels, nice shower. Three drawbacks on the room itself - lousy pillows, a huge gap on the bottom of the door, and the old tv. All of that is excusable for a $60 room. What isn't is that I saw a total of four prostitutes on the property! Ghetto, dirty prostitutes. It reminds you that you are only a few blocks from the middle of the hood - gangland. Its a poor part of Oakland to stay in. Google street view this and check out a crime map before staying.

• Stayed July 2014
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

This was the worst experience I have ever had using a hotel I booked through Expedia.com. This place was in a very dark area and the night female clerk was very rude. I was told because I was paying for the room with cash, she couldn't give me the nice room I had booked online, so my daughter and I was given this room that smelled like smoke and the bathroom smelled like urine, I had to ask for toilet tissue. The door didn't have a seal around it, so the smoke of cigarettes and Marijuana would come in through the cracks in the door. This room was so nasty my daughter and I slept fully dressed and on towels we brought from home. I spent most of the night making reservations elsewhere. When I told the day clerk I was checking out, this is when she offered me a better room, it was to late. I had booked the room for two nights, but we only stayed a few hours and got the heck out of there that morning, before 10a.m. This dump should be rated a minus zero. My daughter said it best, she said, "mom this look like a
place prostitutes would conduct business.

• Stayed June 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Where do I began...... Well for starters, the staff there is absolutely terrible, no courtesy at all. They bearly speak English, they treated me like my business was not wanted at all. Only one employee speaks English ( enough to understand him ) so if he's not around you're screwed. Location is not that bad, around a lot of industrial business but close to freeway. If you are traveling for vacation DO NOT STAY HERE! You will be truly disappointed. The beds a flat & thin, it comes with a vinyl blanket ( feels like plastic ) & 2 sheets of paper or I guess they call them pillows. No in room phones, so if you gotta get a hold of the front desk, well you gotta walk up there which isn't the worst part. I have stayed at this place about 8 times due to my traveling for work, & I always believe in giving people chances which I gave them plenty. Even with my repeat business the quality of service never changed, even during my arrival I was not greeted with a hello or any common courtesy words. I was greeted with a 'what' from a older lady, I said I'm sorry but I have a reservation. No privacy, they do not have " Do Not Disturbed ".... so they can disturbed you! I have never been to a business that hated you so much for showing up & give them money. Ya they have cheap rates, but I wouldn't pay more than $40 a night because it's not worth it! If you absolutely need a place to crash by yourself & don't care about customer service, then this is your spot. I will never stay here again for the rest of my life please trust me, think about my review before you book. Not a people friendly place at all. Please feel free to contact me anytime regarding this hotel, I will give you the low down....
Mike McLeod
(602) 363-7453
mazdamikezoom@gmail.com

• Stayed June 2014
Kansasville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We came to visit San Francisco over the weekend. We drove over to Oakland because it was very expensive to stay in San Francisco for the weekend. Everytime we visit SFO with family, we choose to stay at Bay Breeze Inn. The staff is very nice and they always give us free upgrade to on of the king beds which has Flat screen tv facing the garden (hills). Rooms are newly appointed with new paint, carpet, bathroom, etc. I will recommend this hotel in a breeze....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Bay Breeze Inn Oakland? Share your experiences!