“Awesome Hotel for A’s game.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% OFF KING BEDS
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
Johnston, Iowa
“Awesome Hotel for A’s game.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We booked this hotel since it was walking distance to Oakland Coliseum. We went to A’s game and it was apparently less than 1 mile walking distance (thru the back road – coliseum way) to the stadium. This way we got free parking and saved $20. The hotel itself is nice with welcoming staff and crew. Remodeled room, new carpet, furniture, got free upgrade to king bed with flat screen TV. What else can I ask for?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Here we go, the truth on the Bay Breezy. It's not nasty or dirty, in fact it was very clean and well kept. Clean bed, clean carpet, clean towels, nice shower. Three drawbacks on the room itself - lousy pillows, a huge gap on the bottom of the door, and the old tv. All of that is excusable for a $60 room. What isn't is that I saw a total of four prostitutes on the property! Ghetto, dirty prostitutes. It reminds you that you are only a few blocks from the middle of the hood - gangland. Its a poor part of Oakland to stay in. Google street view this and check out a crime map before staying.

• Stayed July 2014
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was the worst experience I have ever had using a hotel I booked through Expedia.com. This place was in a very dark area and the night female clerk was very rude. I was told because I was paying for the room with cash, she couldn't give me the nice room I had booked online, so my daughter and I was given this room that smelled like smoke and the bathroom smelled like urine, I had to ask for toilet tissue. The door didn't have a seal around it, so the smoke of cigarettes and Marijuana would come in through the cracks in the door. This room was so nasty my daughter and I slept fully dressed and on towels we brought from home. I spent most of the night making reservations elsewhere. When I told the day clerk I was checking out, this is when she offered me a better room, it was to late. I had booked the room for two nights, but we only stayed a few hours and got the heck out of there that morning, before 10a.m. This dump should be rated a minus zero. My daughter said it best, she said, "mom this look like a
place prostitutes would conduct business.

• Stayed June 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Where do I began...... Well for starters, the staff there is absolutely terrible, no courtesy at all. They bearly speak English, they treated me like my business was not wanted at all. Only one employee speaks English ( enough to understand him ) so if he's not around you're screwed. Location is not that bad, around a lot of industrial business but close to freeway. If you are traveling for vacation DO NOT STAY HERE! You will be truly disappointed. The beds a flat & thin, it comes with a vinyl blanket ( feels like plastic ) & 2 sheets of paper or I guess they call them pillows. No in room phones, so if you gotta get a hold of the front desk, well you gotta walk up there which isn't the worst part. I have stayed at this place about 8 times due to my traveling for work, & I always believe in giving people chances which I gave them plenty. Even with my repeat business the quality of service never changed, even during my arrival I was not greeted with a hello or any common courtesy words. I was greeted with a 'what' from a older lady, I said I'm sorry but I have a reservation. No privacy, they do not have " Do Not Disturbed ".... so they can disturbed you! I have never been to a business that hated you so much for showing up & give them money. Ya they have cheap rates, but I wouldn't pay more than $40 a night because it's not worth it! If you absolutely need a place to crash by yourself & don't care about customer service, then this is your spot. I will never stay here again for the rest of my life please trust me, think about my review before you book. Not a people friendly place at all. Please feel free to contact me anytime regarding this hotel, I will give you the low down....
Mike McLeod
(602) 363-7453
mazdamikezoom@gmail.com

• Stayed June 2014
Kansasville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We came to visit San Francisco over the weekend. We drove over to Oakland because it was very expensive to stay in San Francisco for the weekend. Everytime we visit SFO with family, we choose to stay at Bay Breeze Inn. The staff is very nice and they always give us free upgrade to on of the king beds which has Flat screen tv facing the garden (hills). Rooms are newly appointed with new paint, carpet, bathroom, etc. I will recommend this hotel in a breeze....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed at the Bay Breeze Inn during my first ever visit to California and it was a truly wonderful experience. I stayed in one of the suites and it was well worth the extra money. Comfortable beds, spacious rooms, large flat screen TV, daily fresh towels - what more could you ask for? The front desk customer service was very friendly and helpful. They gave great recommendations on things to do and places to see during our visit. If you are ever visiting Oakland, Alameda, or San Francisco - this is the perfect place to stay at! I know I will be staying here again if I ever make my way back to the Bay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stay at the Bay Breeze Inn in Oakland whenever I am in town. My job brings me to Oakland every week. I enjoy staying at the Bay Breeze Inn because I can depend on a clean comfortable room, friendly service, and safety and security. The rooms are equiped wirth micro wave ovens, refrigerators, and free WI FI. It's a great place to stay if you need a place to take care of business without the frills or extra cost that come with it. The rates are very affordable for the area. I recomend this motel to everyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Bay Breeze Inn Oakland? Share your experiences!