“NASTY, SMELLY, & RUDE” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in Oakland
Los Angeles, California
“NASTY, SMELLY, & RUDE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

This was the worst experience I have ever had using a hotel I booked through Expedia.com. This place was in a very dark area and the night female clerk was very rude. I was told because I was paying for the room with cash, she couldn't give me the nice room I had booked online, so my daughter and I was given this room that smelled like smoke and the bathroom smelled like urine, I had to ask for toilet tissue. The door didn't have a seal around it, so the smoke of cigarettes and Marijuana would come in through the cracks in the door. This room was so nasty my daughter and I slept fully dressed and on towels we brought from home. I spent most of the night making reservations elsewhere. When I told the day clerk I was checking out, this is when she offered me a better room, it was to late. I had booked the room for two nights, but we only stayed a few hours and got the heck out of there that morning, before 10a.m. This dump should be rated a minus zero. My daughter said it best, she said, "mom this look like a
place prostitutes would conduct business.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Where do I began...... Well for starters, the staff there is absolutely terrible, no courtesy at all. They bearly speak English, they treated me like my business was not wanted at all. Only one employee speaks English ( enough to understand him ) so if he's not around you're screwed. Location is not that bad, around a lot of industrial business but close to freeway. If you are traveling for vacation DO NOT STAY HERE! You will be truly disappointed. The beds a flat & thin, it comes with a vinyl blanket ( feels like plastic ) & 2 sheets of paper or I guess they call them pillows. No in room phones, so if you gotta get a hold of the front desk, well you gotta walk up there which isn't the worst part. I have stayed at this place about 8 times due to my traveling for work, & I always believe in giving people chances which I gave them plenty. Even with my repeat business the quality of service never changed, even during my arrival I was not greeted with a hello or any common courtesy words. I was greeted with a 'what' from a older lady, I said I'm sorry but I have a reservation. No privacy, they do not have " Do Not Disturbed ".... so they can disturbed you! I have never been to a business that hated you so much for showing up & give them money. Ya they have cheap rates, but I wouldn't pay more than $40 a night because it's not worth it! If you absolutely need a place to crash by yourself & don't care about customer service, then this is your spot. I will never stay here again for the rest of my life please trust me, think about my review before you book. Not a people friendly place at all. Please feel free to contact me anytime regarding this hotel, I will give you the low down....
Mike McLeod
(602) 363-7453
mazdamikezoom@gmail.com

Kansasville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We came to visit San Francisco over the weekend. We drove over to Oakland because it was very expensive to stay in San Francisco for the weekend. Everytime we visit SFO with family, we choose to stay at Bay Breeze Inn. The staff is very nice and they always give us free upgrade to on of the king beds which has Flat screen tv facing the garden (hills). Rooms are newly appointed with new paint, carpet, bathroom, etc. I will recommend this hotel in a breeze....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed at the Bay Breeze Inn during my first ever visit to California and it was a truly wonderful experience. I stayed in one of the suites and it was well worth the extra money. Comfortable beds, spacious rooms, large flat screen TV, daily fresh towels - what more could you ask for? The front desk customer service was very friendly and helpful. They gave great recommendations on things to do and places to see during our visit. If you are ever visiting Oakland, Alameda, or San Francisco - this is the perfect place to stay at! I know I will be staying here again if I ever make my way back to the Bay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stay at the Bay Breeze Inn in Oakland whenever I am in town. My job brings me to Oakland every week. I enjoy staying at the Bay Breeze Inn because I can depend on a clean comfortable room, friendly service, and safety and security. The rooms are equiped wirth micro wave ovens, refrigerators, and free WI FI. It's a great place to stay if you need a place to take care of business without the frills or extra cost that come with it. The rates are very affordable for the area. I recomend this motel to everyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Troutdale, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This place is kind of in the middle of ugly nowhere; there is no coffee shop, convenience store or food nearby but the "lobby" has soda & snack vending machines albeit with limited selections. It's a little over a mile to either the Fruitvale or Coliseum BART stations but do not roll thru Oakland with your luggage - take a cab from BART.

We stayed Weds - Sat, with a 10pm check-in, which went smoothly. It's a sketchy area but we did not have any issues, just be aware. We did not have a car, so didn't have to worry about that. But if you do, lock up & take your stuff to your room; the walls are thin enough that you'll hear if someone breaks in to your car. Our door (room 201) had a 1inch gap all the away around it which allowed for steady freeway & train background noise each night.

Staff was very nice, check out was fast. All in all, you get what you pay for. We knew going in that it wasn't the Holiday Inn. The room was clean, (except for the black knit beanie that I noticed under the AC unit as we were doing a final sweep before check out), the beds were clean, we had a mini fridge to put bottled water in, working AC, free wi-fi, a tv & there were fresh towels each day. Complimentary toiletries (2 mini bars of soap) not replaced daily but we didn't run out or ask for more. A lamp and radio would have been nice but maybe they get stolen.

Room Tip: While we where waiting to check in, another guest was changing rooms for an undetermined reason - th...