“Nice hotel - close to San Francisco” 5 of 5 stars

Bay Breeze Inn Oakland
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4919 Coliseum Way, Oakland, CA 94601   |
Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in Oakland
Kansasville, Wisconsin
“Nice hotel - close to San Francisco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We came to visit San Francisco over the weekend. We drove over to Oakland because it was very expensive to stay in San Francisco for the weekend. Everytime we visit SFO with family, we choose to stay at Bay Breeze Inn. The staff is very nice and they always give us free upgrade to on of the king beds which has Flat screen tv facing the garden (hills). Rooms are newly appointed with new paint, carpet, bathroom, etc. I will recommend this hotel in a breeze....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed at the Bay Breeze Inn during my first ever visit to California and it was a truly wonderful experience. I stayed in one of the suites and it was well worth the extra money. Comfortable beds, spacious rooms, large flat screen TV, daily fresh towels - what more could you ask for? The front desk customer service was very friendly and helpful. They gave great recommendations on things to do and places to see during our visit. If you are ever visiting Oakland, Alameda, or San Francisco - this is the perfect place to stay at! I know I will be staying here again if I ever make my way back to the Bay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stay at the Bay Breeze Inn in Oakland whenever I am in town. My job brings me to Oakland every week. I enjoy staying at the Bay Breeze Inn because I can depend on a clean comfortable room, friendly service, and safety and security. The rooms are equiped wirth micro wave ovens, refrigerators, and free WI FI. It's a great place to stay if you need a place to take care of business without the frills or extra cost that come with it. The rates are very affordable for the area. I recomend this motel to everyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Troutdale, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This place is kind of in the middle of ugly nowhere; there is no coffee shop, convenience store or food nearby but the "lobby" has soda & snack vending machines albeit with limited selections. It's a little over a mile to either the Fruitvale or Coliseum BART stations but do not roll thru Oakland with your luggage - take a cab from BART.

We stayed Weds - Sat, with a 10pm check-in, which went smoothly. It's a sketchy area but we did not have any issues, just be aware. We did not have a car, so didn't have to worry about that. But if you do, lock up & take your stuff to your room; the walls are thin enough that you'll hear if someone breaks in to your car. Our door (room 201) had a 1inch gap all the away around it which allowed for steady freeway & train background noise each night.

Staff was very nice, check out was fast. All in all, you get what you pay for. We knew going in that it wasn't the Holiday Inn. The room was clean, (except for the black knit beanie that I noticed under the AC unit as we were doing a final sweep before check out), the beds were clean, we had a mini fridge to put bottled water in, working AC, free wi-fi, a tv & there were fresh towels each day. Complimentary toiletries (2 mini bars of soap) not replaced daily but we didn't run out or ask for more. A lamp and radio would have been nice but maybe they get stolen.

Room Tip: While we where waiting to check in, another guest was changing rooms for an undetermined reason - th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are great..Very large and very clean..The staff is wonderful and very friendly.. They have laundry on site and free wifi...I enjoyed my time being there for the four I was there!!!
I would definitely recommend this hotel too everyone..

• Stayed June 2014
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I found the accommodations clean and well kept. The management and the whole staff were always helpful and courteous. I also found that most of the rooms have recently been remodeled and have new paint, bathrooms and beds. Oh, yes, the beds ... I slept like a baby the entire time I was there. I always felt safe and in good hands and will recommend this establishment to all who need a nice room for any length of stay in the Oakland/San Francisco Bay area. I tip my hat to the Bay Breeze Inn. Thanks for making my stay an enjoyable one. You're the best!!!

Room Tip: Let the management know what your specific needs are and they will address them. Your satisfaction i...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Bay Breeze I, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Breeze Inn Oakland, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
We really appreciate your kind words and are delighted to accommodate you. Hope you have a great stay in future
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

For being located in Oakland this place is safe and clean. I travel for work and have stayed here quite a few times and never have had any problems. Also, they remodeled some of the rooms with flat screens.

Room Tip: The king size rooms is very roomy - just been remodeled with flat screens
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for your words of appreciation. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Oakland

Been to Bay Breeze Inn Oakland? Share your experiences!