“I am so satisfied that I keep coming back!” 5 of 5 stars

Bay Breeze Inn Oakland
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4919 Coliseum Way, Oakland, CA 94601   |
Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in Oakland
Santa Rosa, California
“I am so satisfied that I keep coming back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

The rooms are clean and comfortable, The area is quiet and secure. Very adequate. I work and stay in Oakland two to four days a week and always spend my nights at the Bay Breeze Inn. You get a refrigerator, microwave, cable TV, and free Wi-Fi. The room rate-being that it is in the Oakland area-is very reasonable and affordable. Bravo Bay Breeze Inn!

You can get super fancy somewhere else...but you will pay a premium too.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Bay Breeze I, Public Relations Manager at Bay Breeze Inn Oakland, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
We try to provide the customers the maximum amenities such as fridge, microwave, etc at a low cost. Thanks for choosing Bay Breeze Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I would like to thank the previous reviews they were helpful in choosing this hotel. The customer service was great. The recommendation of having room away from freeway was helpful. The price for booking at the last minute was great. Ladies at front desk reception were graceful and welcoming. Would definitely stay here again even if I am visiting SF and not just Oakland.

Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!
My boyfriend and I and some of his army buddies were coming in to San Fransisco to visit one of their buddies in the hospital. My boyfriend booked our reservations online through Expedia. We looked through the pictures to see if they were decent and they looked awesome. We accidentally booked the wrong night and called them to see if we could change it. The first time we called a guy with a thick accent answered and couldn't even give us an answer and told us to call back in an hour to talk with the manager. We called back a little over an hour later and the phone had been disconnected. We tried calling a few times and it was still saying the phone had been disconnected. Finally, we were able to get through a couple hours after that and the woman on the phone was EXTREMELY rude! When the phone line had been disconnected earlier we talked with Expedia and they said they'd change our reservations for us. I called to check and make sure if the change had happened at the hotel's system and the woman wouldn't even bother to look in their system. All she kept on saying was that I had to talk with Expedia no matter how many times I told her I already did, but that I was just double checking and then she just hung up on me.

We arrived at the inn around 2-3 in the morning completely exhausted from our 11-12 hour drive that we'd made. We turn off the exit and start heading to the inn and it's in the ghetto! There's graffiti everywhere, homeless people peeing on the sides of the walls of gas stations. The real cherry on top of this magnificent sundae was that when we pulled up to the in there's a gate all around the place. Great for security, right? Nope. I noticed once we drove in that there were bars on some of the windows in there. Why would they need bars on some of the windows if they already thought they were safe with the big gate surrounding the place?!

I go in to check in and the lady looks up my information and tells me that we can't check in until 3pm. NO customer service WHATSOEVER! Finally we were all fed up with the mess of it and we went somewhere else. I work in customer service and I just couldn't believe the way they were treating their customers. At first I thought it was because of a language barrier, but even in person they were cold, completely rude, and didn't even give a crap about us. I would HIGHLY suggest going to some other place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This hotel is located in the Bay Area and runs about $50. Check out prices. Other hotels in the area run over $100. So that means you get really thin, rough towels but you get a really clean room. No fancy Resturant or pool but it's safe, really clean and quiet. If you are nervous about a hotel in an industrial area and razor wire; this is not your hotel.

Hayward, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband and I have been staying at this hotel and we love how quiet it is. It is kept clean and the staff is very friendly. The price is very affordable too. The rooms have a microwave and a fridge, which is a must with a toddler. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. 5 stars for everything!

• Stayed February 2014
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The hotel is conveniently close to the freeway but I didn't hear the noise.

Overall very comfortable stay. The bathroom was recently remodeled and has great looking tile and new shower. Room itself was clean and tidy.

The staff were excellent. You should feel comfortable to go to them with any concerns. I was very happy with the responsiveness!

Would stay again

Room Tip: Get a room on the inside side facing away from the freeway.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Even being right by the freeway you don't here cars or traffic, the rooms look newly remodels and are very clean and smell very nice. I would defently stay here again don't be fooled by the area and location it is a safe place and gated all around the property

• Stayed February 2014
Bay Breeze I, Public Relations Manager at Bay Breeze Inn Oakland, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
We highly appreciate your kind feedback and are looking forward to accommodating you again while your stay in Oakland.

Been to Bay Breeze Inn Oakland? Share your experiences!