“Great games, average facility” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Arenas/ Stadiums/ Fields
Attraction Details
Pleasant Hill, California
5 attraction reviews
“Great games, average facility”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

As my 3-star rating says, this stadium is average. I've been to many stadiums for many different sports and this one is as vanilla as they come. Parking is adequate, concession and bathroom facilities are adequate, seating is adequate. It is also readily accessible by foot from the BART train, which is a big plus. The stadium doesn't add to or detract from the sporting event, which is why I'm really there. So as long as my seat is comfortable and I can see what's going on on the field, I'm happy. I've been to lots of great games and had lots of fun there, but since I'm rating the stadium and not the teams that play there, I'll give it an average rating.

Visited June 2012

Dublin, California
5 attraction reviews
“Place is a dump. The Oakland A's deserve better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This park dates from the mid 1900s when apparently the industrial look was in style. It hasn't had much maintenance or upgrades. Since it is really a football stadium, the views and seating aren't particularly good. Things got even worse when the Raiders came back and they built Mt. Davis. Glad he's dead, but his legacy is still there.
Good news is that the venue is so bad that hardly anyone goes to the games. Great that you can walk up 30 minutes before the game and get a ticket almost anywhere you want to sit.

London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Jaguars @ Raiders”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were staying San Francisco and booked ourselves some tickets for the NFL match up between the Raiders and the Jags. It's pretty easy to get there from downtown San Fran... The train will take you right outside the stadium and the journey lasts about 1 hour.
The atmosphere around the stadium was really cool. Raiders fans are one of the best fans in the NFL and one of the loudest. I also noticed a lot of security, compared to other NFL games.
Once we got past security we entered the stadium, which is pretty old and nothing special compared to other stadiums in the NFL...
The stadium is open so we were very lucky it was a sunny day...
The game itself on the other hand was a real nailbiter. The Raiders won in OT by a field goal! "And the Raiders win the game in overtime... the crowd goes wild!!" Enough said :)

London
96 attraction reviews
“Great Raider Game Tailgates!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Now known as O.co Coliseum, the Raider tailgates are amazing, they start early 5 hours before kickoff, great atmosphere, an amazing party! Parking is expensive, $30 for Raiders games, Stadium is old, but natural grass and outdoors awesome for football, I hate dome stadiums! We saw a few visiting Chiefs fans and no problems, no need to feel scared Raiders fan welcomed everyone! Beer was decent like $8 (compared to 10-12 at other stadiums). Sun is on the visitor sides and you are closer to the field on the visitor side compared to the Raiders side. Can't comment on A's games as I never attended a baseball game there. The area is decent, not many bars or restaurants nearby, some fast food, the Oracle arena is right next door same lot, and the BART transit station is right out front, easy to attend games via Bart. A must visit for any Raiders fans to attend a home game!!!! Just Win Baby!

Visited December 2012
Spring Lake, Michigan
9 attraction reviews
“Outdated Coliseum”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I had the opportunity to watch the Detroit Tigers and Oakland A's play off game. Such a thrill to watch a play off game! The stadium is so old and outdated. The Oakland fans were extremely rude and offensive! My son in law and I went out of our way to be courteous and friendly. From the time we walked to the Coliseum, which was close to a mile because the parking was not set up for such a crowd, we listened to chants of "go back to Motown and others too explicit to mention. It's a shame the sportsmanship was not to be found. The stadium had plenty of food and drink to offer. The condition of the stadium was run down, dingy and smelled of urine. We actually felt threatened walking to and from the Coliseum.