“Nice restaurant, very good food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 1,064 restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
“Nice restaurant, very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We've visit this restaurant after reading the reviews on this site. It was just 2 miles from our hotel, so we got in the car. It's in the middle of a neighborhood, all decorated with lights. I had my doubts, but definitely not necessary. It was busy, but luckily for us, one table still free. We ordered a red curry with chicken and a yellow curry with beef. Both we really nice. Prices are low, food good and a nice atmosphere.

• Visited September 2012

84% Recommend
San Francisco, California
“Great food! Service ok.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Wow this a gem of a place in the middle of nowhere. Would have never come here if a friend hadn't taken us there. Wow was I blown away by the food. The special duck curry was amazing. Prices are reasonable, service is friendly but slow. Worth the trip for this out of the way location.

“Great neighborhood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The porkball salad is excellent. Recently remoldled - so a bit spiffier these days. Family owned and they want to please. Most of the Lao dishes are a bit sweet for me so I can only handle one per visit. Lao beer!!

Visited March 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Fabulous, Reasonably Priced Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I wasn't sure what I was in for - it didn't seem a restaurant could possibly be in such a residential neighborhood. Wow, I never ate Thai food like this. Delicious!! We were a good sized group, so I got to taste several of the dishes. I couldn't pick out a favorite amongst them - I wish I lived near enough that I could go again soon.

• Visited May 2012
Oakhurst, CA
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We were pet sitting for some friends near Lake Merritt and I read about Champa Garden in tripadvisor so we tried it outlast week. Our lunch meals were so good that when our wedding anniversary came up today, instead of going to San Francisco to celebrate, we went back to Champa Garden. This time we took another writer's recommendation and ordered the Champa Sampler. It was great!!
The food was great. The staff was good. The price was right. The neighborhood was questionable, but who cares.
Try it.