“Great food! Service ok.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 1,069 restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
San Francisco, California
“Great food! Service ok.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Wow this a gem of a place in the middle of nowhere. Would have never come here if a friend hadn't taken us there. Wow was I blown away by the food. The special duck curry was amazing. Prices are reasonable, service is friendly but slow. Worth the trip for this out of the way location.

84% Recommend
“Great neighborhood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The porkball salad is excellent. Recently remoldled - so a bit spiffier these days. Family owned and they want to please. Most of the Lao dishes are a bit sweet for me so I can only handle one per visit. Lao beer!!

Visited March 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Fabulous, Reasonably Priced Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I wasn't sure what I was in for - it didn't seem a restaurant could possibly be in such a residential neighborhood. Wow, I never ate Thai food like this. Delicious!! We were a good sized group, so I got to taste several of the dishes. I couldn't pick out a favorite amongst them - I wish I lived near enough that I could go again soon.

• Visited May 2012
Oakhurst, CA
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We were pet sitting for some friends near Lake Merritt and I read about Champa Garden in tripadvisor so we tried it outlast week. Our lunch meals were so good that when our wedding anniversary came up today, instead of going to San Francisco to celebrate, we went back to Champa Garden. This time we took another writer's recommendation and ordered the Champa Sampler. It was great!!
The food was great. The staff was good. The price was right. The neighborhood was questionable, but who cares.
Try it.

• Visited May 2012
Oakland, California
“best laosian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

yummy appetizers! and brings such a mix crowd all the time. feels like grandma is cooking back there!