“Love this place! Elegant and classy and the food is really good, the wine choice is great and they make a great...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Californian
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

Love this place! Elegant and classy and the food is really good, the wine choice is great and they make a great Caipirinha (okay, so maybe these are no longer "cool", I don't care). Also, the wait staff and management are super friendly and not snobby. They always make us feel welcome when we go.

“great service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2008

great service

Oakland
“Left Feeling Cheated...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2008

First, my girlfriend and I are excited to try this place. We'd been eyeing it from accross the street one night while eatin at Levende (a way better restaurant by far). So first, it's a Sat. night and without a reservation we expected to wait the alloted time. Said to be 20 mins. Ended up being an hour. We even watched the hosts (there were more than one for some reason), seat a party that came in after us. We asked them about it and they did little to apologize for the mistake that costed us a good 1/2 hour more of waiting. Next, after finally getting a table, the server was very decent to acknowledge we were so far not happy, and did his upmost to serve us well. He couldn't account for the food though that was beyond over priced for the portion size and taste factor. I'll just put it this way, I longed for my own kitchen and a Rachel Ray recipe at that point. Our server gave us excellent wine choices to wash down the too soft sauceless pizza that was more like Indian Naan and a steak which was served cold. Once wrmed up though it didn't matter, that was bland too. Did I order wrong? Hmm, well the gentlemen sitting next to us ordered my other choice, a salmon dish, and assured me I wasn't missing anything. Don't get me started on dessert. I went on a limb offering one more chance to leave satisfied, but instead wanted to send back the chocate ganach cake thingy that was dried out Betty Crocker with diluted berry Jam. To make matters worse, when the charge for the evening showed up on the credit card statement later, it was twenty dollars higher. They had forgotten to add the beverage charge acrued while waiting for a seat, then snuck it in later costing us a phone call for explaination (even though it was rightfully theirs). B wise. Don't B eatin there!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Divine... and, pricey. But still, divine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2008

Divine... and, pricey. But still, divine.

USA
“Poor choice in Oakland”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2007

There are alot of good restaurants in Oakland, this just is not one of them. They have a very limited menu. The portion size is what you might expect at lunch, but not at dinner. I started my meal with a nice fall salad, that was anything but nice . I felt limited of what to order at dinner, so I choose a Pizza. The salad and the pizza both tasted as though someone got carried away with a bit to much salt. The drinks were also alot to be desired. We didn't even look at the dessert menu, and decided to cut our losses and go somewhere else for dessert. My husband and myself are both people who can find good in any meal, just not at this place.