“two thumbs up” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 48 hotels in Oakland
San Leandro, California
“two thumbs up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

I stayed there a week ago for a business seminar I was attending. My room was clean and everything looked new. The check-in process was quick, and having a balcony was a great way to get some fresh air. Suprisingly nothing went wrong, two thumbs up to the Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

For the price, this hotel was very comfortable - in fact the bed is probably one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in. It's five minutes from rental car drop off at Oakland Intl Airport and easy to get to from the highway. Although room was economical - no frills - it was very clean. Very convenient for the weary traveler - I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Hayward, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

This place took me by surprise. It was extremely convenient to have a car rental in their hotel lobby. When I checked-in, the staff upgraded me to a suite and a full size car at no extra charge, it was great. Also, the shuttle ride was less than 5 minutes from the airport. I would definite be back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Gold Coast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

Basic motel, room OK , TV did not work properly due to faulty antenna wiring, Toilet seat loose. Room clean. Staff surly and rude , no idea no customer service, at all. Noisy airconditioner, noise from airport and free ways. USE EAR PLUGS. Public transport (bus) to BART-Oakland/ Collesium, outside the front door, however the staff did not know it existed! Local restaurants like Carrows, 10 minutes walk down HegenBurger Rd, Dennys nearby. I was kept waiting fro 25 minutes for a transfer from Oakland Airport to motel 5 minutes way! Very few rooms occupied (about 5 ,compared to Econo Lodge In Sacramento, totally booked out; due to great service offered by Mike, and his team. For quality, stay Hilton Hotel across the road, Marriot nearby, Econo Lodge Oakland is a bad deal! Avoid It.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
San Francisco Bay Area, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

My one night stay at the Econo Lodge by the Oakland Airport was strictly for convenience before an early morning flight out. They offered a $6/day parking rate so I could stay and then leave my car for five days. They have good security in their parking lot and that's the only positive thing I can say. I pre-paid for the parking and told them exactly when I would be returning. When I got back to the airport and got my bags I called them and they claimed to not know I was coming back then and had no shuttle driver available to come get me. They said maybe they could find somebody to get me in as little as 30 minutes, no guarantees. They tried to get me to take a car rental shuttle to some car rental place they couldn't explain to me where it was - and then I'd have to get some other shuttle from there back to Econo Lodge. Right. I took a cab to the hotel which greatly upset the cab driver (3 minute ride) and the guy at the front desk wouldn't even reimburse me for the tip I paid to the driver, only the fare.

And the room was definitely not adequate, even for the low price I paid. The shower head through out random streams of water that challenged me to get wet. The TV was seriously snowy on all but a couple of channels, and the door to the room didn't seal (big gaps) so there was serious traffic noise, parking lot noise, wind noise and breeze coming through on a rainy, cold night.

There are far better options very close by for only a little more money. One of which would have been to sleep in the airport for free.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

The person at the front desk was pleasant when we got there so things seemed okay at first.
The room was okay at first glance. We liked that it had a balcony to sit on.
However the shower was not clean. Moldy, bugs and dirty.
The sleep number bed was kewl.
this is a very scary area to be in. I could not sleep as I feared someone would get onto the gated grounds and break in or steal our car.
People yelling and fighting outside on the hotel grounds did not help. People knocked on our door at 1am one morning thinking it was their room.
A few hours after we left on Monday I realized that I forgot our 24 cd's and a purse that I had bought in Las Vegas. I phoned the hotel on Wed when we got home and they said the maid didn't find anything in the room. Well the cd's and purse were in a drawer, that is why I forgot it. And since nothing was turned in I believe the cleaning staff must have stolen it. People forget things in hotels but they get returned. This hotel if you forget anything it will not be returned to you.
I would definately recommend you find another hotel....it's not worth it staying here at all. Not even if it was only $50 a night.

• Liked — The person at the front desk was friendly.
  • Disliked — Can't trust the staff there
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2006

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last week, with all the ammenities i needed including hot tub and amazing sleep number beds! We totally took advantage of our stay here. EVERYTHING was newly remodeled and updated-literally brand new. Everyone we encountered there was extremely friendly and willing to do anything to make our stay there enjoyable. The pond/pool area is secluded from anyone who isnt staying at the hotel and the tranquility out there is so relaxing. Having a car rental service on site was very convenient . When we were all done with our trip we got a free shuttle ride to the airport which was approximetly 2 minutes away. I'd definelty recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!