“Dirty floors” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 47 Hotels in Oakland
Ukiah, California
“Dirty floors”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We booked this Inn because it is close to airport, and you can leave your car in their parking lot, also they drive you to the airport. After taking a shower and walking to the bed, I looked at my
feet, holy moly, they were so dirty from walking on the bathroom floor and carpet in the bedroom area. I asked my husband to show me his feet, who took a shower before me, same think------Dirty!
Tile in bathroom is black, and carpet is very, very, dark, so hard to tell if it is clear or flithty!
Clean rooms means a lot to me, so will not go there again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Davenport, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

First the facility is old not 1980's old but probably 1960's old. Outside of this place is totally run down. The inner courtyard - during my stay - was full of old equipment from the restaurant, worn out hotel room parts and stacks of other stuff. The outdoor pool area seemed functional and the landscaping did include some nice trees as well as some areas in need of modernization.

The room itself was old but clean. The bathroom floor and shower were made of black tile (which shows dirt) and SPOTLESS. The bed was an adjustable firmness mattress and not as comfortable as I would have preferred. The TV was old and had some static on a few channels but the channel offering was good.

The parking lot is secure. The shuttle service is extraordinary. They will take you anywhere in the local area to make your stay comfortable. In my case they picked me up at the rental car center, brought me back, then took me to the airport. The drivers were not talkative but very polite and cared about your experience (I was dressed for 100 degree weather in a Oakland when the temperature was 50's).

An added kicker, the Indian restaurant connected to the hotel has great food and superb prices.

Room Tip: Try for a second floor room away from the interstate
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
San Leandro, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

this is my first hotel review, so apology in advance if I miss out on certain bits. This hotel was referred to me by a close friend, he said John it might be a good idea to find a park and fly hotel near the oakland airport. Find a hotel that will allow you to park your car, fly out, fly back in, get your car and go. No need to wait on people taking you from place to place and no need to worry about missing your flight. I said you know your right. This hotel has a great park and fly option, my car was in the same condition when I returned, shuttle was on time, no the rooms were decent, no complaints, worked well in my case.

Room Tip: plan well, rest well, before a flight
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
San Leandro, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Its a suprise to see all the negative reviews for this place. I guess it was a good thing I booked the room before reading all these reviews. I know this is not a five star hotel so I do not expect a five star experience, but the staff was extremely helpful, they provided me a shuttle to bart station which I used to get to San Francisco, they provided me free maps, suggestions on restaurants and activities, direction, and a early checkin. That right there was not expected. From the street view you would never expect such a nice place. Yes the building looks a little older maybe built in the 80s or 90s, but the landscaping was beatiful, rooms were big and clean, and what I never seen at a two star hotel before was a pond with big trees, bamboo, a waterfall, and turtles, no fish though. But o well, I was please with my stay and experience, great value.

Room Tip: Never had Indian food before, but it was pretty good
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Nuenen, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

We booked this place for one night before we catch the plane back home. The man at the reception was very unfriendly, bored and unhelpful. The room was ok, but not cleaned properly (no smoking room, but on the balcony there was an ashtray full of sigarets from the previous guests.) if you leave the window open you can smell the fuel of the airplanes. I would not recomend this place. The adjustable air matresses are really terrible. And there is a construction site next door, the workers start working at 7 am , so it is very noisy in the morning.

• Stayed June 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

This hotel is terrible. The room smelled like urine. The staff was not friendly at all. The 2 nights we stayed there they had a party with very loud music. Parking is ridiculous. There is trash all over the hotel. The "sleep number" beds were the most uncomfortable ever! Not enough towels in the room. The room did not have an alarm clock or coffee pot. Would not recommend this hotel. Will never stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012
castlederg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on Saturday the 2nd of June for two nights,the hotel was clean with a wonderful layout around a very nice outdoor pool,the staff were friendly on arrival,when in my room I could not find a Bible so I went to reception and asked for one,this was the turning point of our stay,the loud noise centered outside our room did not stop until my wife phoned reception in the early hours of the morning and said she would call police if the noise did stop,next morning we noticed rocks had been thrown into the pool so we could not use it,when we returned on Sunday evening we had to park outside reception as all the parking around our room was taken,if you are a Christian do not use this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!