“Jazz and Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Oakland, California, United States
“Jazz and Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

It has some of the best jazz bands anywhere! It's an intimate venue. The restaurant offers excellent Japanese food including beautiful presentation. The sushi is so good when our friends from Toyko come they want to go there & say it's better sushi than they get at home.

Visited June 2012

california
“Yoshis for music and dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had a great and wonderful dining and music experience at Yoshi's Jazz Club in Oakland, Ca on the Jack London Square Waterfront in November 2012. The music show sounded clean and crisp and the seating arrangements were comfortable, with drinks and apptiezers served at your table during the show.

Prior to the show we enjoyed dinner in the restaurant and that was above and beyond. The entire experience was the best......great service, drinks,food and music......what else could you ask for.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco
“If you knew - sushi... Cant wait to return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Rarely do I wax poetic about the calibre of a meal - however! The Sushi at Yoshi's is incomparable. We ordered Soft shell crab Tempura - to die for - the divine Dori Dori roll - and the Double Tuna ( tuna tuna?) roll. This meal was one of those rare events where you stop, savor and rave - it was that good.
Last year, we had the salmon on the wooden plank - it was fine..had the cod - it was okay.
From now on we will always order the sushi.
Very good service. Be patient if there is a Sat night concert...Good wine list.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
California
“Great music, average food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I've been going to Yoshi’s for shows for about 12 years now, and I must say it has changed (or shall I saw evolved) with the times.

The sound system in the venue is fantastic! Much better than the one in San Francisco. It is intimate and there is no bad seat in the house (well, maybe the seats right in front of the stage, but I don't like looking up at someone for an hour and a half).

The food is just OK. I've learned how to eat there without putting a huge dent in my wallet (hint, stick with the appetizers, which aren't half bad).

My only negative comment about Yoshi’s is the change in how one gets a seat. I used to not have a difficult time finding a seat when it was first come, first served; however, since they switched to the either: pay $13 more to select your seat or pay $23 more to dine at the restaurant to guarantee a seat, I find it more of a challenge.

But, like I said in the beginning, Yoshi’s had to evolve in this economic climate, so I will have to suck it up and either pay the extra money or be stuck looking for a seat the night of the show!

One last thing, I've suggested they bring in two artists -- and they have! I appreciate them listening to customers suggestions.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Ramon, California
“Great restaurant and music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I've been going to Yoshi's Oakland for years! The Japanese restaurant is always fabulous and the jazz is very good in a nice atmosphere.

Visited October 2012