“OK food for a chain” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
San Francisco,CA
“OK food for a chain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Pasta Pomodoro has been providing reasonably priced somewhat inspired Italian food throughout the Bay Area for years. This location in North Oakland occupies a converted Chinese restaurant from years ago. The menu is pretty extensive and well above the level of The Olive Garden. There's also lunch specials that include soup or salad that are good value Recommended for something quick yet formal.

Visited December 2012

Sonoma, CA
“Best soups and Great pasta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Alyssa, most enthusiastic and most energetic, with service. She can provide great suggestions. I believe their freshly prepared soups are exceptional and just like homemade. The mushroom ravioli dish, which I had was absolutely fantastic. They also have an exceptional choice of desserts, and I shared the bread pudding, with my guest; we were very impressed with the presentation and flavor.

This is a very popular family place, but if you are interested in a more adult like environment, plan to arrive after 8 PM...

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palo Alto, California
“Outstanding for a chain restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I was a little skeptical about eating here, but we did not have the time for a full fine dining experience. Was with my husband and two friends. When we walked in we could see the entire operation, including the two cooks. We were amazed to see one guy with about six skillets over open flames. He had that many entrees going at once and was working swiftly and deftly to keep them all going. I was thinking, this can't possibly be any good. Well, thankfully, I was proved wrong. We ordered three different entrees and all were delicious. I actually had two appetizers: the Polenta Farcita which was stuffed with spinach and gruyere cheese and sauteed in olive oil and garlic was delicious and tender. The sauteed shrimp in a spicy tomato sauce with large croutons was also quite good. My husband had a Farro Salad that he loved and grilled salmon with spinach sauce on a bed of cannelini beans. One friend had the asparagus risotto that she said was great. I really did not expect such creative food from an Italian chain. There were many families there with children, so it is a good place for working moms and dads to have a quality family meal.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I know it's a chain, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2008

I know it's a chain, but it's so good.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I'm not a chain restaurant person, but the food isn't too bad there. They have some healthy selections like soups and...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

I'm not a chain restaurant person, but the food isn't too bad there. They have some healthy selections like soups and salads, as well as some veggie sides. That's a huge plus

Been to Pasta Pomodoro? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Pasta Pomodoro, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.