“No disappointments on their Pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #291 of 1,069 restaurants in Oakland
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Delivery
Bay Area, CA
“No disappointments on their Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My review is on their Pizza only.

This is not my first time visiting this place. Usually I wouldn't give my thoughts on a restaurant until I've gone there more than a single occasion.

I a fan favorite for Chicago style pizza. For those who enjoy the Bay Area's Zachary's and Patxi, you know what I am talking about. Better yet, a pie from Chicago would make my mouth water right now.

Thin crust pizzas are great if it isn't too greasy. But some do like it that way and that is ok. However when I came here, I became an immediate fan. Everything about the pizza here seems just right every time. I believe you can't go wrong. In fact, the prices aren't that expensive to have a very good quality pizza.

It's just simply not overwhelming with cheese and sauce. It seems healthy in a good way. Fresh and great quality ingredients that don't leave a long after taste in your mouth an hour or so later. I know they do use Molonari's brand salami.

I already have read what other reviewers wrote, and I don't want to repeat what they shared, but they are spot on - especially the good reviews.

Hint: Check them out and then go north a mile on College and get some great ice cream from Ici Ice Cream. Pasta Rustica and Ici Ice Cream will make your day.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
“Consistently wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We love this neighborhood pizza/pasta/salad place - food is always great - attentive service - we prefer dining there, but when we wish to eat at home, their take out is easy and food is ready when they say it will be! They are so accommodating - they have gluten-free, dairy free options that do not interfere with the great fresh taste of the food - and if you want to add a little something that is not on the menu, no problem! We love Rustica!

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oakland, California
“Consistent quality and good, fast food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I like this place for convenience and a dependable, fast meal.

“Best Pizza,roasted chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

Pizza Rustica has 2 places in Oakland. I have been to both.The one on College has a nice seating area, the La Salle Avenue has a few seats but is mostly take out and delivery ,which is what we did tonight.The pizza crust is so reminiscent of the pizza we had in Italy that I could weep.We have had every topping configuration imaginable, and have never been disappointed.
When we want to mix things up we order the chicken dinners with 2 sides.We always get a Caesar salad with the chicken dinner so its a full meal for 4 people,of which 2 have teenager appetites.They bake their own bread and give a generous piece with the dinners.Also,they use the very PC Marys Chickens which actually taste like chicken and are free range, no hormones or antibiotics.
Their pizzas are about 2$ more than chain joints but its worth it.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oak Ridge, TN
“Great pizza selection and salads!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

This cozy little place in Rock Ridge is perfect if you like variety in pizzas and salads. The price may be a bit higher than some but the ingredients are fresh and tasty. Pizza Rustica has a delicious thin crust that reminded us of the pizza we had in Rome. The restaurant is located in a lovely shopping area so strolling before and/or after dinner is highly recommended! We'll be back!

• Visited July 2011