“Nice place although the food doesn't quite live up to the view” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Scott's Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 1,066 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Embarcadero
Transit: Bart located 10 blocks from restaurant (11th Street Bart).
El Cerrito, California
“Nice place although the food doesn't quite live up to the view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is the better of the side-by-side fish places on Jack London Square. The view is lovely and the outdoor seating on those days when the weather cooperates in the Bay Area is luxurious. The food is quite decent but nothing special. In the Bay Area we're spoiled and expect better. The atmosphere is fancy and the service is good. They tend to the more traditional seafood type dishes -- which is a plus.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Santa Cruz, California
“Not the Scott's I remember”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Bland food. Really bland. Not worth the money. Big disappointment. Wait staff nice enough but ambiance and presentation just seems to lack class.

Cumberland, Maryland
“Great as usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I had visited this restaurant twice previously and this visit did not disappoint. The halibut was tremendous and the service was excellent. The view of the waterfront at Jack London Square was very pleasing.

Visited September 2012
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Lunchtimes at Scott's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This last occasion was, I think, my third experience here. The menu is varied enough without being too long, the noise level is fine, the food is flavorful without being overpowering and the prices are fair. The service is responsive without being a nuisance.

I also enjoy watching the river go past while we dine.

Visited October 2011
San Francisco, California
“Forget about it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Scott's Seafood, a long time favorite restaurant has been doing a slow nosedive. Last Tuesday we were sorry to find that it had finally crashed and burned. There is no way we will ever return. When our party of 9 entered the restaurant, it was nearly empty. We asked if we could be seated by a window. The hostess said they were too busy and instead seated us in a back corner. When we ordered, the surly server questioned one guest why they wanted the crab, told another guest they couldn't have one salad, they had to have two. Drinks had to be ordered several times before everyone had a drink. When the dinner finally arrived, the server hadn't placed all the orders! After rudely accusing me of not ordering, she looked at her notes and said “oh yeah.” No apology. My dinner was served after everyone else had finished. After a disappointingly bland meal, we ordered dessert. Again the server did not bring the correct orders, forgot the coffee, and argued about it. I can only assume the server thought it acceptable to argue because she was assured of her tip since we were a group of 9. I spent over $500 to be embarrassed in front of my guests. I called the manager Ramiero the next day, but was told “He will be gone a long time.” Instead I was given to the assistant manager Barbara who said she would check into the situation and call me back. It has been over a week and I still haven't received an apology for the atrocious treatment. Tasteless food and horrible service make this a place to avoid. The management doesn't care, so why should the rest of the staff.

• Visited September 2012