“Lunchtimes at Scott's” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 1,047 restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Embarcadero
Transit: Bart located 10 blocks from restaurant (11th Street Bart).
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Lunchtimes at Scott's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This last occasion was, I think, my third experience here. The menu is varied enough without being too long, the noise level is fine, the food is flavorful without being overpowering and the prices are fair. The service is responsive without being a nuisance.

I also enjoy watching the river go past while we dine.

Visited October 2011

76% Recommend
San Francisco, California
“Forget about it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Scott's Seafood, a long time favorite restaurant has been doing a slow nosedive. Last Tuesday we were sorry to find that it had finally crashed and burned. There is no way we will ever return. When our party of 9 entered the restaurant, it was nearly empty. We asked if we could be seated by a window. The hostess said they were too busy and instead seated us in a back corner. When we ordered, the surly server questioned one guest why they wanted the crab, told another guest they couldn't have one salad, they had to have two. Drinks had to be ordered several times before everyone had a drink. When the dinner finally arrived, the server hadn't placed all the orders! After rudely accusing me of not ordering, she looked at her notes and said “oh yeah.” No apology. My dinner was served after everyone else had finished. After a disappointingly bland meal, we ordered dessert. Again the server did not bring the correct orders, forgot the coffee, and argued about it. I can only assume the server thought it acceptable to argue because she was assured of her tip since we were a group of 9. I spent over $500 to be embarrassed in front of my guests. I called the manager Ramiero the next day, but was told “He will be gone a long time.” Instead I was given to the assistant manager Barbara who said she would check into the situation and call me back. It has been over a week and I still haven't received an apology for the atrocious treatment. Tasteless food and horrible service make this a place to avoid. The management doesn't care, so why should the rest of the staff.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bozeman, Montana
“So great what a meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Met with friends who travelled from Kenya. We had so much fun and a great meal and excellent service. Thank you so much Scotts! Our server Sept 7 for dinner I wish I could remember his name was outstanding. Food and wine choices were memorable. Thanks for a great evening meant a lot to us!

Visited September 2012
Whitefish, Montana
“wonderful time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

A wonderful setting, superb service amazing seafood! definitely recommend and will go again next time in the area

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Average food, unattentive service, boring menu, pretty much sums up Scott's? At then end of the meal the waitress actually asked if we were celebrating anything special, very strange timing to me as the bill was being rang up

• Visited August 2012