“I didn't eat here.....but I will soon!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 1,065 restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: American
San Leandro, California
“I didn't eat here.....but I will soon!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I was working at a trade show and was sent to pick up four sandwiches. We tried calling in advance, but nobody picked up the phone. I was greeted as soon as I walked in, even though the place was jumping. I ordered the four sandwiches and waited at the breakfast bar. Every plate that passed by me looked tempting, but especially the eggs benedict. (I'm a hollandaise junkie). I can tell the service is exceptional...because even though I was just waiting for a to go order, they brought me a glass of water, and even refilled it when it got low! Who does that? Very busy, very happy staff, lots of customers leaving happy, and the sandwiches were fantastic! I had the Turkey Club on foccacia bread...I'm normally not a fan of foccacia, but this one was truly delicious. It was a perfectly crafted sandwich (the right proportions of all the components). Rave reviews from my friends for the Milano Chicken and Turkey Sandwich as well. I would order sandwiches from here again, but would also love to come and eat here when I get the chance!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
city
“Too much money for too much food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

The quality of the food is good, but the portion size is too large for too much money.

Visited February 2012
San Francisco, California
“Great breakfast and cheap mimosas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

The Oakland Grill served me up some of the best brunch that I've had in a long time. They do breakfast and they do breakfast right. Plus they have $1.95 mimosas so you can't go wrong!

On Saturday, John and I ventured to faraway Oakland to meet up with our friends Danielle and Brian (and baby Molly). As we followed our navigation, it took us to a somewhat industrial part of Oakland (what part isn't really). Much to our surprise smack dab in the middle of produce packing central was the inconspicuous Oakland Grill. We sat upstairs overlooking the open-air kitchen and long narrow restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised to be sat right away on a Saturday at 11am. (If there is one thing that annoys me, it's droves of people waiting for breakfast.)

The menu is pretty standard for any breakfast establishment. You got your standard eggs, pancakes, omelets, Eggs Benedict and a few other specialty-type items like Crab Benedict and Huevos Rancheros, but nothing out of the ordinary. The food was superb for breakfast food. Hot, fresh and delicious. I ordered my poached eggs "well done" and they came out perfect. Danielle ordered a breakfast combo that closely resembled a Denny's Grand Slam, why mess with something if it isn't broken.

The mimosas are a true selling point for the Oakland Grill. With other breakfast places charging upwards of $7 or $8 for a single mimosa, Oakland Grill has really cornered the cheap mimosa market in the area. We each enjoyed 2 mimosas each which cost us $16, but if we had mimosas at Fat Lady down the street, we would have been out a whopping $56.

Oakland Grill is a great breakfast spot to hit next time you find yourself hungry and in

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“nice for breakfast in downtown oakland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

nice for breakfast in downtown oakland

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good old fashioned burgers.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2007

Good old fashioned burgers.