“Grease City” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Soups
Oakland, California
“Grease City”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I.B's is where you go for messy, greasy, cooked on an oily grill top type of food. The service is non existant. The place is usually pretty crowded. The fries are usually pretty good. If you don't care about your health and like the grease, this place may be for you.

37% Recommend
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice and greasy...get the cheese fries!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

Nice and greasy...get the cheese fries!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“um, who puts ketchup, mayo and mustard on a cheesesteak??? they do, and it is lame”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2007

SF, CA
“You won't get what you order”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2007

Please be aware that you may not get your order. I went there today and placed an order for a sausage sandwich and large fries. After a long wait, they called out my order.

The sandwich was handed to me, and I was told the fries were coming. I was told this more than once while standing there, while other orders of fries were being filled. After asking again, the same clerk said "You haven't got your order yet?"

I asked for a refund (sans tax), ate my now-cold sandwich, and wished I had the nerve to dig out the buck I put in the tip jar earlier.

A case of incompetence by IB's? Perhaps my dark skin wasn't the right tone? All I say is buyer beware!