“Cafe Portofino - never delivered, never gave promised money back” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #429 of 1,065 restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Pizza
oakland
“Cafe Portofino - never delivered, never gave promised money back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2007

Two nights ago, my family ordered what was to be a nice dinner from Cafe Portofino. We have two young daughters, so we ordered our calzones, pasta, salad on the early side and began a long night of waiting...for nothing.

After paying by credit card, we were told that dinner would arrive in 45 minutes to 1 hour.

After 1 hour, I called and was told that dinner had been cooked, the driver was on the way and the delivery would arrive within ten minutes.

Thirty minutes later (now one and a half hours since ordering), I called and was told dinner was in the oven. Our dinner had not even been cooked (though thirty minutes earlier, we were told the driver was on his way).

Now angry (with two young children who were hungry, nearing their bedtimes and our dinner not even cooked), I asked to have our money returned to us. I was told that our credit card had been credited the amount.

Although I asked for an email or fax confirming, I was told that they could not give us any confirmation but absolutely guaranteed our money was refunded.

Anyway, our money was NOT returned. We WERE charged for dinner, which we never received, after hours.

Be warned about all of that,

A generally non-combative and patient customer

1 review from our community