“Just average tonight” 4 of 5 stars

(510) 835-8600
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kincaid's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,065 restaurants in Oakland
Transit: Bus #58, 59, 72, 73
Oakland, California
“Just average tonight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My family and I have dined at Kincaids many times over the years. The food and service has generally been very good. In the past, we have enjoyed the Filet Mignon, Dijon Chicken, Salmon.
Tonight we dined at Kincaid's for my adult daughter birthday. We arrived at 6:20 and were promptly seated. Service, although pleasant, however, was very slow and the restaurant was not very crowded. We ordered End Cut Roast Beef (petite), Dijon Chicken, Salmon. The food was good, but the presentation seemed to lack something tonight. While the food was good, it was nothing out of the ordinary, just ok. My daughter had the Banana Foster for dessert, again, just ok, presentation just average.
We will probably dine here again, but Kincaid no longer has the 'sizzle' or 'appeal' as a "wow" place to eat. In this category, their sister restaurant, Horatio in San Leandro does better. Price wise, lots of choices in the Bay area, Walnut Creek to consider.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
MORENO VALLEY
“Expensive but good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Sat in the bar, watched a playoff game (and the boats go by), had a few beers, then had dinner. Server David took good care of me, and manager David made sure of it. One of my favorite places to eat in the bay area.

Visited June 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Great view, food didn't measure up though”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had a table next to the bank of windows, so a great water view. Started with crab & artichoke dip which was very good. Also had a couple of nice cocktails. All good. But my entree didn't measure up. Since I was on the water I went with the Seafood Etoufee, which was full of various seafood. Unfortunately most of the seafood was overcooked, or just not fresh tasting. I get the impression that despite being on the water, Kincaid's seafood comes in frozen. Next time I'm in the area I'll try something different.

Visited May 2013
Atlanta
“One of my favorite places to dine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Always a treat to dine here with friends. Watch the boats.. sunset or chat with the staff... I like this place

Visited May 2013
Baytown, TX
“Great Happy Hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The waiter was friendly and prompt (cute too.) The happy hour menu was varied and affordable. Food came quickly and hot from the kitchen. Loved looking over the water and boat harbor. We did not need dinner after happy hour ($8), but the prices were about twice ($15) for the same appetisers after 6PM. $5 Happy Hour drinks were wonderful. I enjoyed the cranberry mojito.

• Visited May 2013