“Wow!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
West Pittston, Pennsylvania
“Wow!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

After finding this place I went back twice on the same trip. Some of the best food period and a wonderful wait staff, Within walking distance of the downtown Marriott and the Trappist. It will be a regular stop.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Oakland, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistant Favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is our regular spot for Cambodian. Friendly service, excellent food, best fried bananas we've found so far! I love the SAMLOR KATIS soup w/ pineapple & young coconut meat. Perfect comfort food.

Visited December 2012
Oakland, California
“Reliable but too toned down for the less adventurous”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I love South East Asian cuisine... the bright flavors, fresh ingredients, rich coconut curries - all of it. It's great to have a Cambodian restaurant in the neighborhood, and their chicken soup with lemongrass, lime juice and fresh mint is clean and refreshing. However, you really have to push them to put the heat back into dishes that should have a good spicy kick. Some of the dishes have been too dumbed down for bland, less adventurous diners, and that's a shame.

Visited December 2012
Oakland, CA
“Great Neighborhood Spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I LOVE Phnom Penh! They have two locations in Oakland, and this review is for the one on 3912 MacArthur Blvd., in the Laurel District. My wife and I have eaten here many times and it's consistently good. It's a family run, Cambodian restaurant, and the owner always welcomes me by name. We love the poached salmon with roasted garlic, basil, and black mushrooms. Have the Cha Kathiw their version of pad thai. We also like the charbroiled pork with lemongrass and house
sauce. Prices are very reasonable, you'll keep coming back...

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Upper Left Coast
“If you find yourself in Oakland, try Cambodian!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Came here with a group of friends getting ready for Springsteen at the Oracle Arena. I think we made it a louder place than it usually must be.

The menu list is staggering - categories organized into three-digit numbers for each dish. Lots of curries, mint and pineapple choices. The service was attentive and efficient - which was nice when we were already late for the scheduled start of the show (we made it). I would go again in a heartbeat if, 1. I found myself in downtown Oakland, and 2. I had a larger group to share the menu with!

• Visited November 2012