“Great Place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Minnesota
“Great Place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Quiet room, comfortable bed, helpful staff, good breakfast. Easy to access from the freeway. Room was cleaned before 9 am while we were at breakfast, and they changed the towels, even though we'd hung them up on the towel bars.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

July 11th Stayed at Bayside to go to a Giant's game. It has been awhile since I can't say enough about Jay, the front office manger, his staff and the accomodation they were all top notch. I made a mistake when booking our room and Jay quickly found the problem and a solution. Our room was clean and very comfortable. We took the shuttle to the Ferry and had a great ride over to the ballpark. Giants WON! It was late when the ferry returned to Jack London Square, but one phone call and the shuttle picked us up and drove us to back to Bayside.

It was midnight when we returned. We were starving (No ballpark food for me) our driver mentioned Pizza in our and I thought Oh geez noooooooooooooo. I told my husband to get the car I we would find something. I walked in the lobby and both folks at the desk were so helpful. They printed a map to the best mexican restaurant I have eaten at since I left Arizona and the margarita was fantastic. The folks at the hotel deserve KUDO's for friendly, courteous, outstanding service.

The self sevice coffee bar is amazing, I was too late for breakfast, but I am sure it must have been delightful.

Thanks Jay and staff for making my 1st Giants game a great outing!
A & M from Sacramento

Room Tip: facing the bay
Castro Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel was a great experience. I stayed at the Best Western on Wednesday to Friday, for a short 2 day get-a-way with my boyfriend for my birthday. We went bar hoping in Oakland, and didn't want to drive home after a night of drinking, so we decided to stay at a local hotel. I have to say that I was very pleased with everything. The rooms were very clean and spacious and the view from the balcony was beautiful. The bathrooms were spacious and very clean (I am very picky when it comes to bathroom hygiene). A huge plus is the continental breakfast the hotel provides in the morning. There is a variety of cereals, morning pastries, a waffle maker, and much more. The breakfast attendant, Jasmine, was very hospitable. She was very attentive, as well as offered different options that she thought we would enjoy. I have experienced several continental breakfasts, and this one by far is one of the bests. If I ever have to stay in Oakland again, I will stay at the Best Western. This hotel is worth the price!

1 Thank Maria M
Penrose, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Our one night at the Best Western was memorable because of the attentiveness of the staff. We arrived tired and hungry, and the staff quickly checked us into our beautiful room and offered suggestions to where to eat. They even had a free shuttle service so we did not have to drive, and after spending most of the day driving this was a real treat. Our room was nicely decorated and very spacious. The complimentary breakfast was more or less standard with fresh fruits and pastries and a waffle iron. Our stay was so brief, we cannot really rate other amenities offered by the hotel. One thing, the trip advisor website puts this hotel on treasure island and it isn't. The hotel is located in Oakland bayside.

Room Tip: Whirlpool room is a nice selection to help relieve the stress of traveling.
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We visited the Best Western Bayside Plus while combining it with a trip to San Fran and visiting family in the Oakland area- visiting from the UK.

I emailed the hotel prior to arrival to find out directions from the airport ect and they kindly responded with a very helpful email, out-laying any information that they they thought we needed - extremely helpful.

They collected us from the airport via their shuttle service and we used this shuttle very day to and from train stations. Could not be more grateful for this as this saved us A LOT of cab rides and money.

Two of the days we were dropped off at the port to pick the ferry up that takes you straight to San Fran Bay which was brilliant.

Our room was upgraded to a Waterview Suite and WOW, how lovely. The bathroom was perfect and the room was spacious and clean. I wish we had longer than three days in Oakland/San Fran and this hotel was a major factor in creating a brilliant holiday.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EmmyLouisa
Martinez
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a copy of the letter I sent back to the manger...let's just say it was not a nice hotel!

I did report the problem about the room smell when I checked in. I asked to change to another room and was told the hotel was full. I asked for some Lysol etc to spray in the room and a housekeeper brought a bottle of spray cleaner....which I used, but it didn't help.

I couldn't use the heater in the room because a terrible odor came from that, too! The manager insisted that the smell was the water outside but it was not. I live next to the Bay and my house is right on a big creek, so I'm familiar with the smells of water. This was body odor......the smell coming from the heater was unknown...mold, mildew, rot? We aired the room with the front and sliding glass doors open for hours and we had to sleep with the sliding glass door open all night.

There were NO blankets in our room. I checked the closet, of course. There was only a sheet on the bed. We tried to sleep, but the bed was extremely uncomfortable and no, I didn't call at 3 in the morning to have someone search for a blanket. I assumed the staff was gone because several times I didn't even see someone at the front desk......I shouldn't have to get dressed and call to find someone, then wait for them to search and then finally come to the room or tell me there aren't any blankets available. I have never been in such a situation!

"I can assure you that not many hotels would be willing to pay for you cab fare that they are not responsible for to appease your needs."

I was told when I made the reservation at this hotel that a shuttle would take me to the airport and pick me up! I gave them the flight times, so the hotel is responsible for this service and If a mistake was made, they were expected to make it right...including paying for a cab. Your statement that you're being "very generous" for doing what you were supposed to do, is unwarranted.

I don't consider $40 a generous discount! I spent that amount in gas driving home and then driving back to the hotel at 1:00 am. I do not consider anything about this hotel to warrant a number one spot on TripAdvisor. I will never stay at this hotel again and I will be a lot more careful with TripAdvisor. I'm now going to be wary of Best Western, since I thought they had certain standards.

Room Tip: Get a room with the balcony, you'll want to air out the room.
Green Features: I didn't notice any environmentally-friendly practices, except maybe, reuse the towels?
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
8 Thank klcgardens
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were quite surprised upon arrival. Only there for one night but when we walk in we were surprised at how nice the hotel was. Beautiful view of water, friendly staff, were at to check in quickly and head to coliseum which is just minutes away. Very nice rooms, clean and comfy, and nicely decorated. Nice eating area for breakfast, over looks water.

Room Tip: request room facing water.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family