“More than I expected” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
St Charles, United States
“More than I expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Due to a bad stay at a Best Western years ago was never too big of a fan of the chain. That all changed when I had to stay at a Best Western Plus in Oakland Ca. Incredible hotel, incredible room, great service and a great nights sleep. All anyone could ask for from a hotel. Great Job Cameron at the front desk!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our family of 4 arrived in Oakland to find that ALL the hotels/inns in the area were either fully booked or way out of our budget or in not very desirable areas for a family with young kids to stay. When we walked in to the Executive Inn & Suites next to the Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel (same hotel essentially), Josh greeted us and although they were fully booked, he offered the phone lines and business centre in effort to support our hunt for another location. After checking a few other locations and some 2 hours later, still no luck. Cameron at reservations located the only room that became available in the Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel and made it work for the duration of our stay in Oakland. He was polite, sincere and professional throughout the whole process. Without Josh and Cameron's service and going the extra mile, we would not be able to enjoy a very comfortable stay while visiting our family in Oakland. The room was spacious and very nice. Not to mention, Martha's pleasant service at breakfast every morning was always delightful. Many thanks for the outstanding customer service!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I had never stayed at this property before so I didn't know to expect. It was a very pleasant surprise to walk into a spacious lobby, well appointed, bright and overlooking Oakland/Alameda estuary. Friendly staff who checked me in and directed me a very well appointed room. Spacious, clean and quiet. More than I expected. This property is just South of the downtown Oakland exits and easy to get to from Southbound I-880 and a bit more of a challenge from Northbound I-880 but worth the effort. Great value for the money.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I called to make reservations today only to find out the hotel was completely booked. I really needed this room becasue it is for a business trip and I never thought a placed would be sold out on a Tuesday night but I was wrong. I spoke with Symone at the hotel and she was EXTREMELY helpful. She did get me booked there for the following night and then started searching to get me a room for tomorrow night. She was so patient and helpful and even called me back with another suggestion. I was in a panic over this and I am so glad I had Symone to help help me. She is great !! Best Western Hotels have always provided me with great service but this was above and beyond. Thank You Symone !!

Eureka, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband stayed in this hotel in December. At 2:00 in the afternoon, he became suddenly ill and needed to fly home urgently. After changing his flight time from the next day to the current day, I called the office at this hotel and spoke with Symone. This woman went so far out of her way to help us in a bad situation. She arranged for the hotel shuttle service to pick my husband up, she created a BART schedule that fit his flight times, she even checked him in on his flight! To top it off, she proceeded to not charge us for the night even though check out times were much earlier that day.

Best Western- this employee is a keeper!! Because of her quality of service, whenever we travel in that area, we will definitely be staying with you. Unbelievable, amazing, and such considerate and empathy filled service. Awesome.

My husband also said that this hotel was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Pismo Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

When we arrived a little after 12 Noon, no rooms were available for early check-in, and the only place you can store your luggage would be in the Mgr's office, which is located behind a curtained entry--hardly a place to store your luggage and feel secure that your electronics will remain untouched!

Since we were forewarned by residents of San Francisco that leaving your luggage stored in your vehicle while touring the Golden Gate Park was not a good idea--too many cases of break-ins--we ended up taking our luggage with us, parking in the Music Concourse parking facility and having our son stay in our vehicle and catch on some much-needed sleep while his kids and I toured the CA Academy of Sciences. :-(

When we got back to the hotel, which was after 6 PM, we were assigned a room on the second floor, at my request. When we got in the room, there were used towels and cups lying around. I brought this up to Daniel, the Night Mgr, who graciously moved us to another room.

The rooms are spacious, not only in the main area but also in the bathroom, which has a tub, walk-in shower and separate toilet room. The bath amenities are good--just LOVE their spa-quality soaps!

Cleanliness is an issue. For a nicely decorated, recently updated hotel, their housekeepers leave much to be desired in terms of their cleaning skills. Sloths, maybe? There were hair strands on the toilet room floor (what, no vacuum cleaner?); pinkish tinge ringing the water line (what, you haven't sanitized the toilet for how long?!). It made me use the shower with trepidation...and I didn't have shower shoes to use...:-(

The public areas are clean, shiny and beautifully decorated. The sofas that sit in different places around the lobby and breakfast area are comfy and the setup tasteful. They have 24 hour coffee, tea and hot chocolate machine available; great for late arrivals and early risers.

Daniel, the Night Mgr, is not only friendly, courteous and very accommodating, but he makes you feel valued--a characteristic often lacking in front desk staff. The gal (sorry, I didn't get her name) who takes care of the breakfast setup is friendly and cheerful--a nice personality to make a person's first morning encounter that much more pleasurable!

I loved waking up and enjoying breakfast while viewing the water, seeing the ducks swimming around, and the marina on both sides of the hotel. A paved path runs along the shoreline, so you can actually go for a nice walk along that gorgeous setting.

The location, though not one you'd want to be strolling at night, is an easy-on, easy-off access from the freeway (I-880).

I would book a room in this place again if I'm in the area, and by then, I hope the cleanliness level is much better than it was when we were there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sacramento, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

very clean and nice place to stay ... good quality we enjoyed the view of the city .... clean and quiet .... the staff was friendly and .... the breakfast was nice. we would stay again. Some nice parts of the city are close

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel? Share your experiences!