“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
new york
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Grest hotel! Great location. Staff is very helpful and nice. Beautiful views of the water. Outside area the sit and enjoy a morning cup of coffee or an evening dessert to watch the sunset. Beds are very comfortable, bathrooms gorgeous, hotel well kept

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

209 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Fort Bragg, California, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Everything at this hotel is top rate except for one big thing for me. I want hot tea in the morning with breakfast, not coffee. If you are a tea drinker the tea is really bad. They have a nice selection of teas, but they are all equally bad when added to the hot water provided for the tea. Someone here is being lazy. They are heating up the hot water for tea by running it through the coffee maker. The hot water tastes like really bad week coffee, and makes all the tea taste really bad. The hotel needs to install a separate hot water maker and dispensor and stop mixing with with the bad coffee. I won't stay here again unless they change the way they heat and dispense their tea water.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MHochstatter, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you Dennis for making us aware of this. I looked into the hot water situation and I truly apologize for your experience with our hot water. We have strict guidelines for our staff to make sure we provide the absolute best quality service and products throughout your stay. It seems like, this particular procedure have not been followed during your stay.

I have brought this up in our latest staff meeting to make sure this will not happen again. There is a separate tap running on the outside of the coffee machine that should be used for hot water.

Like you mentioned, we have a great selection of Numi Teas, of at least 6 different flavors every morning, and we usually receive wonderful reviews of them.

I hope you will give us a second chance and return to us in the near future.
Pelham, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Really nice hotel. Convenient to freeway or Bart System with free shuttle service. Complimentary continental breakfast plus more. Huge and nicely styled rooms and really nice bathrooms. The one complaint might be the water pressure of the shower. Overall I was very impressed. Very helpful staff. Highly recommended. I wish I had more time to check out the fitness center and pool. Thanks. P.S. Not Usually into leaving feedback but I had to make an exception for this.

Room Tip: Standard room was more than adequate.
Green Features: Maybe a little too environmentally friendly when it comes to shower water pressure.
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This Best Western located on the Embarcadero, in Oakland was an excellent choice for our two night stay. Although it was busy weekend, staff was all the best!
Two stand out: Cameron at the front desk for check-in and shuttle services, was friendly, helpful, and attentive to every detail. Thanks, Cameron. Morning breakfast staff person - Montsarret was also a notable employee. despite very busy traffic on weekend morning, she was working constantly to keep everything stocked, and clean, I never saw her stop working!!
Breakfast selections were quite nice, lots of choices. food was fresh and hot. Also good coffees, which I appreciate!
Overall the hotel was really well run. Located on the waterfront, with very nice views. Rooms were very clean, everything perfect. Housekeepng did a fine job, while we were out.
Swimming pool and outdoor spa was sparkling clean. Spa was hot and also clean. Pool area was clean, and located right next to the bay for pleasant views.
I think a well run hotel, with quality funishings, and staff that work hard to be courteous and meet needs desrves recognition. I highly recommend this Best Western.

Room Tip: rooms on the bay side are quieter, and have vicer views.
Mariposa, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed at other hotels in the area and really liked this one. Clean, friendly staff, huge room! I stayed in one with a whirlpool tub. Stay was short (about 9 hours) but I loved it. Right next to the freeway and a train across the freeway and never heard either one!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

What can I say? Nice hotel! However, I was very surprised that Best Western had switched from Executive! The room condition is very nice. I really like the separate tub and shower. Nice water view from my balcony. Clean hotel and nice facilities. The service is what I like most of this hotel! When I checked in, Mr. Cameron was smiling and happy to assist. As I spoke with him, I found out he is a fellow Spartan, as I am an alumni of SJSU, was very happy to hear. We need more informative, and knowledgable college students like himself. He was also a very good listener, and he placed me in my preferred room as requested. Note: I came in without a reservation, and still had my preference met!

Thank you, Best Western! I'll stay again!

Room Tip: Water side! Worth it!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MHochstatter, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you Clarence for sharing your experience with us. We switched over to Best Western just about 2 months ago. It is our former suites building that has now turned into the Best Western Plus Bayside hotel. The two hotels are still under the same ownership, but guests in our former suites building, now the Best Western, will receive reward points now.

Thank you for acknowledging our staff and service. I will make sure to let Cameron know.

I hope to see you back with us in the near future!
Richfield, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel greatly exceeded my expectations! I booked multiple suite rooms and they were much larger than anticipated - there was plenty of room for 3-4 people, allowing us to claim our own space. The rooms were also very clean, the beds comfortable, and I was happy with the balcony to enjoy the waterfront view. The staff was wonderful and made us feel welcome. They upgraded one of my rooms without charge when they had an issue with water leaking in another room. This hotel was one of the few in the area with free wi-fi, free parking, and complimentary breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family/friends and will plan to stay here again in the future when I am in the Oakland area.

Room Tip: Choose waterfront suites for better views of Embarcadero Cove and San Francisco
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel? Share your experiences!