“Good Service and Nice Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Good Service and Nice Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

What can I say? Nice hotel! However, I was very surprised that Best Western had switched from Executive! The room condition is very nice. I really like the separate tub and shower. Nice water view from my balcony. Clean hotel and nice facilities. The service is what I like most of this hotel! When I checked in, Mr. Cameron was smiling and happy to assist. As I spoke with him, I found out he is a fellow Spartan, as I am an alumni of SJSU, was very happy to hear. We need more informative, and knowledgable college students like himself. He was also a very good listener, and he placed me in my preferred room as requested. Note: I came in without a reservation, and still had my preference met!

Thank you, Best Western! I'll stay again!

Room Tip: Water side! Worth it!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MHochstatter, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you Clarence for sharing your experience with us. We switched over to Best Western just about 2 months ago. It is our former suites building that has now turned into the Best Western Plus Bayside hotel. The two hotels are still under the same ownership, but guests in our former suites building, now the Best Western, will receive reward points now.

Thank you for acknowledging our staff and service. I will make sure to let Cameron know.

I hope to see you back with us in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Richfield, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel greatly exceeded my expectations! I booked multiple suite rooms and they were much larger than anticipated - there was plenty of room for 3-4 people, allowing us to claim our own space. The rooms were also very clean, the beds comfortable, and I was happy with the balcony to enjoy the waterfront view. The staff was wonderful and made us feel welcome. They upgraded one of my rooms without charge when they had an issue with water leaking in another room. This hotel was one of the few in the area with free wi-fi, free parking, and complimentary breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family/friends and will plan to stay here again in the future when I am in the Oakland area.

Room Tip: Choose waterfront suites for better views of Embarcadero Cove and San Francisco
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This nice hotel with rooms on the Waterfront, without the noice of the 880 Freeway, made our 4 nights stay to enjoy travelling to a Big City.
Parking free for our car, bringing by shuttle to Lake Merriot BART station, we were in half an hour downtown SF .
As seniors we had a greencard from BART, that means $ 24 value for $ 9 pro person.
The breakfest is fine, the room was nice and clean. Good services overall, for a price we could not find in the region.

Room Tip: Ask for Waterfront with balcony and enjoy your sights.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lakeport, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is a somewhat cheaper place to stay in Oakland near the Estuary.
A pleasant and peaceful place with large open space common area and well maintained.

While not a "bargain", I prefer staying here than the next closest Best Western over by the Oakland Airport.

Free parking and shuttle service to Jack London Sq/public transportation hub. I was surprised parking was free, which is not common in the Bay Area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Estuary are worth it If you like sunsets, take the right hand side. Main floor su...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I called the Executive Inn and found out that the hotels had split recently. I spoke to Fredrick and he explained the transition and this was beneficial as I was already a BW rewards member. I told him I was coming for a weekend getaway with my wife for our anniversary and wanted to make it memorable. He gave me some suggestions over the phone about local dining options. We took his advice, and all I can say is WOW. This guy knows his fine dining. My wife is still telling her friends what a amazing night we had and the food was beyond describable.

We stayed in a room on the waterside, which was nice. The rooms are large and have a different stall for shower and tub which is nice. Just remember if you keep the balcony door open, you will here the coast guard alarm thing go off in the morning. I can't wait to be back!

Room Tip: If you need ideas on things to do, make sure you talk to Fredrick. He will give you a bunch of idea...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MHochstatter, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you Adam for sharing your experience with us! I am glad Frederick explained the transition of our suites building into the new Bayside hotel, with the Best Western rewards system.
The dining scene in Oakland is fabulous and I am happy to hear that Frederick informed you of all the different options out there.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Santa Fe, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Best deal in the Bay Area. Clean, friendly and reasonable. Free shuttle to all parts of Oakland and to/from airport. Location is a little out of the way but they really make up for it. Doris is great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tarzana, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We received excellent service from Jessika at check in and then entered our beautiful room that completely went above and beyond it's listed reviews, The great service we received from Jessika and the wonderful rooms and customer service made such a difference this is definitely a place I would stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MHochstatter, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you Philip for being the first one to review our hotel! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations.
I will let Jessika know that you appreciated and valued her customer service. We take pride in our customer service and we work hard to provide excellent customer care, and I am glad it is showing.
We look forward to having you back with us again.

Been to Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel? Share your experiences!