“Midprice nice” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lakeport, California
“Midprice nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is a somewhat cheaper place to stay in Oakland near the Estuary.
A pleasant and peaceful place with large open space common area and well maintained.

While not a "bargain", I prefer staying here than the next closest Best Western over by the Oakland Airport.

Free parking and shuttle service to Jack London Sq/public transportation hub. I was surprised parking was free, which is not common in the Bay Area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Estuary are worth it If you like sunsets, take the right hand side. Main floor su...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I called the Executive Inn and found out that the hotels had split recently. I spoke to Fredrick and he explained the transition and this was beneficial as I was already a BW rewards member. I told him I was coming for a weekend getaway with my wife for our anniversary and wanted to make it memorable. He gave me some suggestions over the phone about local dining options. We took his advice, and all I can say is WOW. This guy knows his fine dining. My wife is still telling her friends what a amazing night we had and the food was beyond describable.

We stayed in a room on the waterside, which was nice. The rooms are large and have a different stall for shower and tub which is nice. Just remember if you keep the balcony door open, you will here the coast guard alarm thing go off in the morning. I can't wait to be back!

Room Tip: If you need ideas on things to do, make sure you talk to Fredrick. He will give you a bunch of idea...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MHochstatter, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you Adam for sharing your experience with us! I am glad Frederick explained the transition of our suites building into the new Bayside hotel, with the Best Western rewards system.
The dining scene in Oakland is fabulous and I am happy to hear that Frederick informed you of all the different options out there.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Santa Fe, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Best deal in the Bay Area. Clean, friendly and reasonable. Free shuttle to all parts of Oakland and to/from airport. Location is a little out of the way but they really make up for it. Doris is great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tarzana, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We received excellent service from Jessika at check in and then entered our beautiful room that completely went above and beyond it's listed reviews, The great service we received from Jessika and the wonderful rooms and customer service made such a difference this is definitely a place I would stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MHochstatter, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you Philip for being the first one to review our hotel! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations.
I will let Jessika know that you appreciated and valued her customer service. We take pride in our customer service and we work hard to provide excellent customer care, and I am glad it is showing.
We look forward to having you back with us again.

Been to Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel

Address: 1717 Embarcadero, Oakland, CA 94606
Location: United States > California > Oakland
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel 3.5*
Experience the BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel's stunning views and rooms overlooking Oakland's estuary. We are 100% non-smoking and Eco-Friendly. Our rooms are spacious and beautifully arranged for a relaxing stay. The bathrooms are extravagantly designed with a glass enclosed shower separated from a soaking tub and private water closet. Each room has a microwave, refrigerator & in-room safe. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.