“Miracle Mexican Meal” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Ontario, California
“Miracle Mexican Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I'd never heard of this place. My wife and I were craving Mexican food for our final lunch after being in San Francisco. We wanted something a little upscale not the regular order by number place.

The food here is amazing, the service we received was amazing. The waitress who helped us was very friendly and had an amazing personality.The other waitress who came around all had a smile on their face and were eager to help or answer questions.

We didn't over eat even though we could of easily have. It's hard, in that area, to find a authentic Mexican experience that's not a taco joint or taco truck, but we did.

We couldn't of found a better place!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Oakland, California
“Nido- Mexican great potential”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We tried Nido on the corner of 5th and Oak in the Warehouse district of Oakland.
What a cute space. I started with a Delicious margherita(with Mescal) suggested by the very friendly bartender. It was delicious. I was a little disappointed that the 10 dollar drink was served in a small Mason jar.
Also, I may be old school but I need chips with my Margherita! None served.
We were seated at 6:30, We ordered chips and guacamole and salsa for the table (excellent). I already new what I wanted to try for my entree but Unfortunately they were out of the Chicken and the Chile relleno , my first two choices. This seems like an odd thing to happen during restaurant week. I went wtih the special. Everything was absolutely delicious... Garbanzo bean and kale soup .yum.. vegetarian sope, delicious . but when my sangria came in an even smaller mason jar then my Margherita I was a little dissappointed. Especially because my friend was served with the larger mason jar. Possibly these could be used for brunch or water but an ADULT alcoholic beverage should be served in an larger glass that doesn't hit your nose when you drink. I think this restaurant will be a local go to spot for Mexican. The menu is wonderful and (Brianas) service great. They just need to get some of the kinks out.

• Visited January 2013