“Good pizza, vibrant atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Seattle
“Good pizza, vibrant atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a great place if you love pizza. A great menu to choose from and the beers were great. This place was very busy and had a great vibrant feel about it - just the kind of place that that makes you glad to be there. A bit pricier than most pizza places but you get what you pay for - so it's worth it here! If I'm in the area again I'll be sure to stop in again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

AZ
“Worth the wait even if you don't like deep dish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I find deep dish pizza disturbing and this place takes it to an even more disturbing place, with filling and crust and cheese and crust piled over an inch high and a pie so big (and pie is the right word) that they give it its own stool at the table.
BUT the thin-crust pizza is astoundingly great, the sauce has fresh tomatoes and just a hint of heat, and the right amount of topping. I never, ever rave about pizza but I actually took my leftovers home and ate them for breakfast.
Also the service is unfailingly polite and attentive, almost unprecedented in a college down pizza joint.
So yeah, it's worth the wait even if you don't get the deep dish (and I wouldn't if I were you . . .)

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
California
“Best Pizza in the East Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Our favorite pizza place since moving to the East Bay in 1986. Love everything about Zachary's -- excellent pizza, that they sell it by the slice until 4, that you can put in your pizza order while waiting for your table (!), fun energetic environment. All around amazing. Highly recommend!!

Visited June 2013
san francisco USA
“choises”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

All kind of pizza, all very good.
They are not cheap in the toppings. Not like others places that is 2 inches of pure dought

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Friday Harbor, Washington
“If you love pizza....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

and you are in the Berkeley/Oakland area, you will absolutely want to go to Zachary's! Their deep-dish, Chicago-style pizza is really really good. Boo to the person who said it was "completely bland and tasteless" -- too much of their "New Yorker-ness" leaking out, I'd say. Or maybe they just ordered poorly. I don't know, but I do know I loved the one I had (veggie on whole wheat crust) -- and it was great re-heated the next day as well. The two of us who went ordered a large salad and a SMALL pizza, and we brought half the pizza home with us, with full stomachs. I gather there are "thin(er) crust" options as well, though I think if you truly prefer thin crust, you should try the new place across the street from the Oakland Zachary's, which looks to be doing a good job with very thin, crispy crusts. But if you know and like Chicago-style (my husband grew up there), I think you'll be very happy here!

• Visited May 2013