“Beautiful Turkish restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
orinda, ca
“Beautiful Turkish restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

As soon as I entered, I felt uplifted: so beautiful and spotless. The authentic Turkish dishes are outstanding: kabob, baklava, cacik. And the tomato soup, with so many ingredients, was the best I've had anywhere!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

77% Recommend
San Pablo, California
“Turkish Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Had lunch here with several friends. The food was fresh and portions just the right size for lunch. Opted for the lamb kabobs which comes with rice and salad. It was delicious. Service was good. Olives and bread provided while waiting for the main course. The restaurant is light and provides for a quiet lunch place so that you can discuss the days business. I would return here the next time I'm on Piedmont Avenue.

“Warm mediterranean food & environs on Cold Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

My first time, but my friend thought I would like it & I very much enjoyed the food and subdued Mediterranean decor & choices of entrees. I ordered the cabbage dolmas with lentil soup. My friend, steak with cream zucchini soup. Very good portions were served & carried home. The wine selection was short, but we had a beautiful Rhone. The waiters are very attentive, but also allowed you privacy! We arrive early before Six P.M. to an almost empty house. As we left we noticed, even on a Sunday, it has been discovered!

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oakland, California
“Good Food, Tiny Portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We had open-faced Pita sandwiches, one chicken and the other hummus and eggplant. The ingredients were good and fresh, but the portions were tiny- a small pita slice with a dollop of humus and eggplant that could be consumed in 3 or 4 bites. The chicken sandwich had only 3 or 4 very small slices of chicken. There was a nice green salad on the side. However, we both left still feeling hungry. At $9 a sandwich, this is a very poor value despite the good quality of the food.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Piedmont, California
“Pleasant quiet atmosphere with superb Mediteraneaan cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Our favorite restaurant in the bay area. Pleasant and quiet atmosphere where you can take your friends and talk with them. Great Mediterranean cuisine with first class imported turkish olive oil. I recommend the eggplant dish and the balaclava. House white wine was superb (argentine). The owner is the cook and a gem.

• Visited June 2011