“Warm mediterranean food & environs on Cold Night” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Pizza, Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Warm mediterranean food & environs on Cold Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

My first time, but my friend thought I would like it & I very much enjoyed the food and subdued Mediterranean decor & choices of entrees. I ordered the cabbage dolmas with lentil soup. My friend, steak with cream zucchini soup. Very good portions were served & carried home. The wine selection was short, but we had a beautiful Rhone. The waiters are very attentive, but also allowed you privacy! We arrive early before Six P.M. to an almost empty house. As we left we noticed, even on a Sunday, it has been discovered!

• Visited January 2012

Oakland, California
“Good Food, Tiny Portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We had open-faced Pita sandwiches, one chicken and the other hummus and eggplant. The ingredients were good and fresh, but the portions were tiny- a small pita slice with a dollop of humus and eggplant that could be consumed in 3 or 4 bites. The chicken sandwich had only 3 or 4 very small slices of chicken. There was a nice green salad on the side. However, we both left still feeling hungry. At $9 a sandwich, this is a very poor value despite the good quality of the food.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Piedmont, California
“Pleasant quiet atmosphere with superb Mediteraneaan cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Our favorite restaurant in the bay area. Pleasant and quiet atmosphere where you can take your friends and talk with them. Great Mediterranean cuisine with first class imported turkish olive oil. I recommend the eggplant dish and the balaclava. House white wine was superb (argentine). The owner is the cook and a gem.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco
“Delicious, unusual, and very friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

Nice variety on the menu, something new for everyone. Wine list is small but "specials" are very special.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ca
“Zati's is the best food for the money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

The food is great and there is enough variety to please every one. The Turkish dihes are not traditional but very interesting and delicious. The wine list is limited. But for the price it is the best value in the Bay Area. I love this place for entertaining friends because the food is good and different and you don't need a bank loan when you are done. We entertained 4 friend last night and us, a total of 6 people with appetizers, 2 bottles of wine, coffee and desert, the toal bill (with out tip) was $231. I am accustomed to paying 3 to 4 times that in other restaurants. I highly recommend it.