“Consistently high quality” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
San Francisco, California
“Consistently high quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have been eating at this restaurant since it just opened. I remember having a memorable salad while seating outside when they use to have seating on the side of the building, and went around the kitchen to get there. A great place for making an impression with a date, out of town guest, and "foodie" friends. Yes it is in Oakland!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lethbridge, Alberta
“Terrible food and the service was worse”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

8 of us ate/did not eat at Dopo. We all shared appetizers and 8 different food items. 2 of the 8 were good, 6 out of 8 were terrible. The service was very lacking. We decided to try Dopo because a local food critic recommended it. In the future we will be very suspect of local food critic's reviews. Do not eat here if you are a tourist extremely disappointing very poor value for your dollar.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco
“Worth the effort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Great neighborhood restaurant. Have eaten here many times.

Visited January 2012
Park City, Utah
“Will definitely go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

A friend of a friend suggested this place. A rather plain store front opens into a very casual dining atmosphere. I was with the perfect "let's try all kinds of things" group. Everything, and I mean everything was superb. I am ruined for future dining experiences because this food was fresh, innovative, and delicious. Great combination of textures and flavors. (We did not try any of their pizza selections). Staff knew the dishes even though the menu is new each day. Place was packed but we did not have to wait long with our party of 3. They take reservations for 5 or more. I just think about that meal and my mouth waters. Until I find something better, I'll be comparing to Dopo. Now I understand my picky, "foodie" friends. When you know this kind of great food is available you look for good places more carefully if you are going to spend money on a night out. Without alcohol it was pricey about $60 each for 3 courses (incl tip). Felt very European as we took our time and enjoyed the food.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oakland, California
“My favorite Oakland restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Dopo is a GREAT local restaurant! Consistently excellent food and service (very interesting wine list) and very reasonably priced. I travel a lot for work and the place I go when I get back home is Dopo. DEFINITELY worth a visit.