“Great Park, Not So Great City...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 53 attractions in Oakland
Type: Sports Complexes
Attraction Details
17 attraction reviews
“Great Park, Not So Great City...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Great park to see a game! We've been to many ballparks and this is one of our favorites.

However, no disrespect to the Oakland community, but we will only go to afternoon games and even then we just did't feel right walking back to our car or driving through the city.

Visited July 2013

Jackson, California
9 attraction reviews
“Diamond Level Seating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

$200.00 seats gets you right behind home plate, and you might even get to rub elbows with some of the premier businessmen in the bay area, or find yourself on T.V.! You also get to walk along side the visiting team as they walk onto the field.

The food was a bit disappointing though. Many items had MSG in them, and they still weren't very memorable. They had popcorn, (dry and tiny kernels, not good at all,) candy, (not candy bars, but stuff like red ropes and sour patch candies, and maybe some m&m's,) fruit salad, (which was just cut up pieces of fruit,) nachos, (excellent pico de gallo through,) buffalo chicken wings, beef slider, turkey slider, beef hot dogs, pepperoni or cheese pizza, flat bread with ham, onions, tomatoes and cheese on it, lobster roll, (which was very dry,) vegan salad, brownies, cookies, and ice cream bars. (Just so you know, there is no extra charge for the food, it is all you can eat.) Pepsi, diet pepsi, Dr. pepper, sierra mist, mug root beer, bottled water, diet pepper, ice tea. coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate, and lemonade are also all you can eat.
They sell beer and wine by the glass, at about $8 to 8.50 per glass. You receive two drink tickets per person with the diamond seating, so you can have a few drinks without having to pay extra. It is a good idea to tip your waiter, especially if you ever plan to return there.

Visited September 2013
Pittsburg, California
14 attraction reviews
“My second home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great memories with family and friends. We are Raider season ticket holders. The tailgating experience is the best. We are alway here on game day from 8am till game time. It's a street party every home game. We would love a new stadium.

Visited October 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
9 attraction reviews
“Memories / Flashback”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Oakland Coliseum has changed somewhat, or maybe it's because I haven't been there in 20+ years.. just drove by this time while vacationing ... It is obviously still in full effect as there were so many cars I could not get close enough for pictures. The last time I attended a concert was in 1993 .. I plan to go for pleasure next time

Visited November 2012
Santa Rosa, California
5 attraction reviews
“Terible food, terible service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Went for American League Division Series, Game 5.

Seemed like they were pushing for a bad experience to get a new stadium.

Hot dogs served cold. Waited for chilidog i nevet got. Urinals filled because water did not work.

When I presented my cold hotdogs to manager he ignored me and did not tell me what he was doing. After 5 minutes he announced to staff to not sell hotdogs any more and addressed my issue.

When I asked for my money back another manager asked me to explain my issue.

I started to explain my issue. The game starts at 5:07pm and no started to cook the chili they offer. Then when I forgo the chili I get served a cold dog. Then. . . Never got to finish about the other issues. Manager waved his hand and said give him his money back.

A lot of issues. No faith in the team to give a good ballpark expirrence.

Team needs to do better with what they have!

Visited October 2013