“A fine place to watch baseball” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Sports Complexes
Attraction Details
Silverdale, Wa
12 attraction reviews
“A fine place to watch baseball”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We enjoyed watching a couple of baseball games at this park but it is definitely not the cleanest or prettiest ball park we have ever been to. The employees were all extremely helpful and nice and the BART is very close by and easy to use to get back into San Fran.

Burlison, Tennessee, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Nice, but a bit dated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I recently saw the Oakland A's play at o.co coliseum. The coliseum is a bit dated, but definitely has a nostalgic feel to it. The seats were barely half full, so they don't seem to have many fans. Many concession areas were closed, but the open ones had everything needed at a ball game (popcorn, hot dogs, beer, soda, etc). The fan excitement was great and the hot dogs were the best I have tasted in MLB stadiums, and I've tasted the hot dogs at over a dozen so far!

Austin, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Dated but some positives”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I don't think this stadium is as bad as others have painted it to be, especially with the recent news that the ballpark had sewage issues and how the owners are trying to move the team to San Jose because of the Coliseum's condition. I enjoyed my time here. It definitely is not as nice as At&t Park across the bay, but the tickets were cheap and I got to watch a baseball game.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, United States
15 attraction reviews
“Pretty standard ballpark”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Pretty standard place to see a game. Nothing exciting about it at all. Went for an Athletics - Rangers game and whole the fan excitement was great, the park itself was nothing special.

Visited September 2012
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Fun Family afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was a little intimidated after reading some of the reviews on this thread but my 13-year-old son loves baseball and sort of "collects" ballparks. "Worst one ever" ? We wanted to see it. We bought tickets to an afternoon (rather than evening, since I was a little nervous after reading some of these posts) Athletics' game and had a GREAT time. It was a really fun family afternoon. Is the Oakland Coliseum as beautiful as the Giants' field? Not even close. But the tickets are much more affordable, the stands (at least in the afternoon) are full of excited kids, the concessions are plenty good and the overall feeling of the park is spirited and friendly. We took the BART from San Francisco, no problem. When my young teenager wanted to walk around the stadium looking for snacks, I did not hesitate to let him go by himself. It's not a fancy ballpark, but it's a lot of fun. So glad we went.

Visited July 2013