“Take Me Out To This Park” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Sports Complexes
Attraction Details
Miami, Florida
113 attraction reviews
“Take Me Out To This Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have visited the Coliseum on two previous occasions but for Oakland Raiders games. What a difference a franchise makes.

Being here for an Oakland Athletics game is a fun and pleasant surprise. With easy access using public transportation like BART or with free street parking within walking distance, this is a great venue to attend a MLB game.

With many clubs drawing a low attendance, on a beautiful Friday night in “The Bay”, I am able to walk up and get a ticket for only $10. However, it gets better. My $10 ticket comes with a $6 food voucher built it.

I am told the ticket will just be scanned for credit when I make my inside the stadium food purchase. What a deal!

So on a gorgeous evening I watch a full and late inning exciting baseball game, safely put away an “Atomic Hot Dog” and a drink for a steal at less than $20. I feel like I hit a “Grand Slam”.

Thanks A's for an affordable and fun evening of enjoying America's favorite pastime. Hope you make it to the Fall Classic!

Oakland
4 attraction reviews
“Stay, Oakland A's!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Rating this place is tricky because on the one hand it is old and there is some sort of embargo on updating the place --and to people responsible for that: You Suck. However the other side of this place is its a wonderful local venue for dedicated fans (both A's and Raiders but I can only speak for the baseball side of things). Game tickets are reasonably priced (compare to the inflated lunacy of the Giants ticket prices). Regarding seating, there is really no bad seat. You may have a preference, but you can see the field from anywhere in the Coliseum and special mention must go to the fantastic and festive bargain bleacher seats. The Oakland A's belong to Oakland and fans are both young and old. Yes, they need a new stadium or an update, but in the meantime, green color baseball is here to stay and its great! And try the garlic fries!

Santa Clara, California, United States
12 attraction reviews
“Do you like claustrophobia?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you don't like being in a claustrophobic mob of people, then you may not want to go to the Oakland Coliseum! Went for a Giants/A's game and the crowd going in on the first level was unbelievable! Granted I don't like crowds already, but squished shoulder to shoulder (and every other body part) was not fun or safe! If an earthquake happened Oakland coliseum is the LAST place I'd ever want to be! Disaster waiting to happen!

Once we got to our seats everything was fine, and overall the stadium is nice enough. I'd probably recommend going really early to avoid the unbelievable crowded mob that forms as people fill into the stadium.

Boulder, Colorado
34 attraction reviews
“I can see why they want a new stadium”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My son and I recently attended a couple of games and added the Coliseum to our list of ballparks visited. I should say places where major league games are played since this is a football stadium used for baseball games. This is the least attractive ballyard we have visited. Dated, worn, faded, with none of the intimacy of the new ballparks, like the one across the bay. Very poor selection of food, only one stand where we could get a hamburger. Easy to get to from San Francisco via the BART, and your choice of seats.

9$ for a Duff or a Fudds? People, we need to revolt! Until we stop buying them, they'll keep jacking up the price.

Still, on a sunny day with a good game on the field, a great way to while away an afternoon.

Norfolk England
24 attraction reviews
“Good and Bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have just done three A's games at the Coliseum and have visited here many times over the last 5 years. This place is easy to get to via the BART within 25 mins from downtown San Francisco and is connected to the BART station by a walkway and is a safe way of getting there. If you are staying at one of the nearby airport hotels, then the safest way to and from the Coliseum is by Taxi or by bus to the BART station as the surrounding area is not the safest. Despite moans previously posted about the Coliseum i find it a great place to watch Baseball and the tickets are very reasonable and can nearly always be purchased on the day. The food and drink are the usual high prices in ballparks and items in the merchandise outlets are ridiculously priced, but overall i enjoy visiting this place .