“Not my favorite, but still baseball.” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Sports Complexes
Attraction Details
San Diego, California
12 attraction reviews
“Not my favorite, but still baseball.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Ok, my wife and I are baseball fans and we're going to all the stadiums. First we stayed at the Marriott about a mile away and took us to the stadium and picked us up, so getting there or parking wasn't a problem for us. And yes, it is a disappointing stadium. But it has had the best beer selection of any stadium that we have been to! California has probably the best beers and ales in the country and you can get some here. But the facility was a place that needs a lot of work, but there was baseball, and a lot can be overlooked.
Will I return? Sure, and I want to see football played in it one of these days :)

Visited June 2012

WASILLA
5 attraction reviews
“Pilgrimage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

As the title says, this was a must do trip for me. As a life long Raiders fan I have seen them play in LA, San Diego and Seattle but never in Oakland so this was a long time coming. First off for the people who complain about the security and lines. It says everywhere on the team website and the tickets to arrive early and expect delay's. The new security required not only by the Raiders but by the NFL is something new this year and to be planned for. Much like the airport you have to remove everything from your pockets, open your bags to be searched and go through a metal detector. So stop complaining and plan on getting there at least an hour early if not more. I was there when the gate opened at 11am and there was no one in line except for me. I did find it confusing that each food vendor sold different things and you had to walk around to find the right food you wanted. This is the second oldest active stadium in the NFL. Expected it to be this way. It was nice that the baseball season was over and the infield was covered in grass! Views of the field from the first and second level were amazing! We won in overtime so what could be better. And having the BART station right at the entrance sealed the deal for me. $7 from Livermore where I stayed and parked. What could be better!?

Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
63 attraction reviews
“concrete jungle”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I went here for an A's playoff game against the Detroit Tigers. This is not what I would call an aesthetically pleasing ball park. I've seen a lot of MLB stadiums, and this was one of the most disappointing. It was like a concrete jungle. Also, I didn't think the A's fans were exactly some of the most polite or friendly fan bases I've encountered.

Bonus: the BART system takes you right there from San Francisco (which is where we were staying). At least that's very convenient.

Visited October 2012
Sydney, Australia
64 attraction reviews
“Nosebleed Seats!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We went the other day for the Raiders vs Steelers game. As an Aussie tourist this was my first ever NFL game. The stadium was OK but the queues were not. We arrived an hour early and we still did not pass through security in time to see the kick-off. We had a hell of the time finding the pizza as it was not served at every outlet ... it was eventually right down the bottom. No queues for toilets was a bonus. Easy access to the BART stadium was helpful. Decent view even from the nosebleed section!

Visited September 2012
Querétaro, Queretaro, Mexico
19 attraction reviews
“Bad logistics”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were there for a NFL game, and our experience should be interpreted under such experience. First. I understand the need for security in the access, specially since the outburst of violence in the SF-Raiders game last year, but this has to be handled better. The line extended for three or four hundred yards. Access was like passing through airport security, it took an hour and a half and the game was started when we finally got through. Been in many stadiums (some much bigger, like the Aztec Stadium in Mexico City) and access was never so slow and cramped.
Venue is good enough (toilets are awful). The second problem was during exit. Since besides the parking lot, most of the audience went to take the BART, the line there was a human nighmare. We waited, again, for more than an hour just to get enough breathing space to go through.

Visited September 2012