“One of my new faves” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Haven Oakland is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 1,125 Restaurants in Oakland
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Embarcadero W.
Transit: Free bus at both Webster and Broadway at Embarcadero. Civic Center and Lake Merritt BART stations are just a few blocks walk. Coming from San Francisco? Consider taking the Ferry over since it drops you right at in Jack London.
Oakland, California, United States
“One of my new faves”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I came here with my foodie buddies the other day and had an exquisite meal. We started off with the squid (delicious) and the Pork Cheeks (pretty good). Then we had the steak (cooked to perfection) and duck (fatty but tasty). We ended with the chocolate dessert (my new favorite dessert in Oakland) and the baked sorbet (didn't care for it much). Paired with a few rye cocktails, the dinner was very good.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oakland, California
“A Great New Addition to Jack London Square!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I live in Oakland and love it here (yes there are great areas in Oakland!).I am always so so happy when a great restaurant emerges here and this is the newest one.The food is scrumptious...we had a good amount of food,all delicious! The bone marrow,beet salad,chicken in a box,duck & bavette steak,and enjoyed it all.The service matched the food too.My only complaint would be the high mark up and the $25 corkage fee on the wine.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oakland, CA
“Fantastic Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Went for my 21st Anniversary dinner. The food is fantastic and the service was perfect. We chose the tasting menu and we were absolutely delighted by the wonderful creations presented to us. I can't believe I actually ate tongue and LOVED it. It is a perfect date night restaurant and foodies will love this place. The only down side was the interior design. It is too cold and those bricks on the wall are down right UGLY. They need to freshen up the design and make it a warmer more pleasant environment. Also, the acoustics need to be addressed. If you sit on the side of the banquet against the wall, you really can't hear the waiter at all. Thankfully, the food and the service are so good it doesn't matter.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Diablo, California
“Eh, I'm not so sure.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

This restaurant has been given rave reviews both by critics and friends so when I booked a table for 3, I was very excited to sample the innovative cuisine. What I ate was good but certainly not great. My husband really did not like his fish - which was presented with an oxtail cake (similar to a crab cake) and the tiny portion of the fish left him hungry. My friend ordered 2 appetizers and thought they were just fine but not stellar by any means - although she thought the smoked pasta was very fresh. The server seemed to want us to leave and was interested in pushing us through the courses - possibly to get a more lucrative group of spenders. I ordered the Chicken N' Biscuits, which was good but smallish and I also ordered the brussel sprouts - to be shared. The biggest complaint at my table was that the menu was extremely limited and that the food, while pretty to look at, did not live up to the hype given by food critics. The desserts we ordered were all very good - but the standout (would return just to have again) was the baked California (a take on baked Alaska). Simply divine!

Visited May 2012
San Francisco, California
“Very tasty food with a million $ view to boot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Located on the waterfront at Jack London Square, this little gem serves up great local and organic food created by chefs who care. Dinner menu consists of 3 courses, with ~4 items each. Each dish served had depth and complexity of flavor that one usually finds at top restaurants costing 2-3 times more. The pasta sang with happiness, the fish smiled with freshness, and the succulent chicken with biscuits warmed the heart. The wine selection was small but decent. TIP, either sit at the bar and watch the chefs at work, or request a window seat and marvel at the many sail boats that float by. We will go back.

• Visited April 2012