“A hidden tea jewel” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Sacramento, California
“A hidden tea jewel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

My boyfriend & I always drove past a billboard in Oakland that read "Numi Tea Garden" & wondered what it was all about. My BF researched it & then took me there for part of my Bday weekend. I LOVE tea, & if you do, too (or even if you're like my BF who will sip tea but isn't wild about it) --- you will LOVE Numi Tea Garden. The staff is super relaxed & nice; the atmosphere is exotic & calming-- an indoor tea cafe with earthy accents like tranquil fountains and carved wooden tables and chairs. The tea ceremony is very precise, as the servers bring out your tea of choice & mix/pour/brew and explain the tea and its history/function. I tried dry desert lime (which I was later told is Numi's signature/1st tea)-- it was bitter yet soothing-- I added hot water to dilute its bitterness from the peel. We also ordered little tea cookies of chai, green tea & earl grey- delicious! Then, we bought about 5 boxes of Numi tea from their amazing selection in the front of the store (& took a few samples from their giant sample barrel). Great tea, great atmosphere, great staff! I wish there was one closeby!

• Visited June 2011